Over heat warning

anon(4110489)

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
I forgot mu iPod touch in the car 2 days ago and i found a warning that the iPod needs to cool down to be able to use it. I put it infront of the AC and i am having some trouble with my screen that it's always dimmed ever since i got this warning. Any one had the same problem or know about this?

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Gary Mazo

iMore/Mobile Nations staff
Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Cars and tech just don't go well together. I would let it completely discharge - keep it inside and then charge it up and reset it. Unfortunately, it might not recover well from this.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Yike, it does not sound good. People often do not realize how hot the inside of their car gets. Often times they carelessly leave animals, or children in there, than GOD it was just an ipod in this case. Yes it may not recover, but it's only a material thing. :)

Kaitokomauri

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I got the same warning message appear for the first time last weekend when I was driving with my iPod on the passenger seat under direct sunlight. It went away after some 5 min. with no particular side effects. Again - I moved it immediately from the heat as the music on my car stereo stopped and I saw the message.

Are you making sure your Brightness settings are set to Manual and maximum brightness?

gods84

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
not sure if it's the same thing but my iPod just shut right down on the walk home yesterday while it was in my pocket. I've tried plugging it back in to power it it, holding down the power key, holding down the lock button, nothing resets it back on.

Is the only way to find out if it's pooched by bringing it to an Apple store?

Thanks!
Andrew