Sad newbie! Expert needed

Do you have an iPod Touch 4 White (32GB) EXACTLY?

• Yes I do (and I swear I do)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Anna77204

May 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi, my name is Anna. :)

Next week I will be receving an iPod Touch 4 White (32GB). My friend (who has an iPod Touch too) told me all about jailbreaking and after surfing the net about jailbreaking I now have a slight idea about it. :confused:

I am planning to jailbreak my iPod ASAP but is that a good idea? After reading in other threads I notice that quite alot of people say that you need to 'restore' your iPod first on iTunes and I'm a little unsure. I have iTunes and I have already downloaded a lot of free mp3 songs from the internet. :confused:

So after I jailbreak and it goes wrong how do I restore? I've seen from a video comment that someone's iPod blacked out and it couldn't turn on again. :confused:

Can someone please help me? I really want the best for my new iPod but there isn't a thread (that I've seen) that has all of these questions. :confused:

If you do help it means so much to me! Zanks! :D

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Basically all you need to do is get everything installed on your iPod from iTunes. then hook up your device to iTunes again, locate your device in iTunes on the left of the screen. Right click and click backup. Once that procedure is done you are all set. Then follow the steps noted here in this link(now it says delete all information, i did not need to)

Absinthe 2.0 has arrived! | greenpois0n.com

http://forums.imore.com/jailbreak-unlock-forum/235005-absinthe-2-0-1-now-available.html

I have 2 iPhone 4 and an iPod 4 running on this with no issues whatsoever

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi, my name is Anna. :)

Next week I will be receving an iPod Touch 4 White (32GB). My friend (who has an iPod Touch too) told me all about jailbreaking and after surfing the net about jailbreaking I now have a slight idea about it. :confused:

I am planning to jailbreak my iPod ASAP but is that a good idea? After reading in other threads I notice that quite alot of people say that you need to 'restore' your iPod first on iTunes and I'm a little unsure. I have iTunes and I have already downloaded a lot of free mp3 songs from the internet. :confused:

So after I jailbreak and it goes wrong how do I restore? I've seen from a video comment that someone's iPod blacked out and it couldn't turn on again. :confused:

Can someone please help me? I really want the best for my new iPod but there isn't a thread (that I've seen) that has all of these questions. :confused:

If you do help it means so much to me! Zanks! :D

Joe is right all you need to do is make sure (when you get it) to connect to iTunes, put all your stuff on it, make a backup, and jailbreak. The backup is there in case something goes wrong with a tweak or something and you need to restore. No real reason to do that right off the bat. Especially since it's brand new.

If something does go wrong, and I doubt it will, you will need to connect the iPod to your computer, open iTunes, and there's a button that says "Restore" under the summary tab.

Reactions: joe_fresh

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal