Having isuses upgrading to iOS 5

ALERTman

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I have a iPod Touch 4 that i just got from apple because my old one has a hardware issues.
It is running 4.3.5 and it is jail-broke, i cant get it to upgrade to iOS 5 or to restore it i keep getting error 3194.

Thanks for your help!!

oh and on a side note I used redsn0w.

I am totally new at this jail-breaking thing but like what I see so feel free to give any tips.

-ALERTman

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I have a iPod Touch 4 that i just got from apple because my old one has a hardware issues.
It is running 4.3.5 and it is jail-broke, i cant get it to upgrade to iOS 5 or to restore it i keep getting error 3194.

Thanks for your help!!

oh and on a side note I used redsn0w.

I am totally new at this jail-breaking thing but like what I see so feel free to give any tips.

-ALERTman

You can't upgrade to that version unless you have shsh blob files saved for 5.0. You have to upgrade to 5.1.1 which shouldn't be a problem as Absinthe 2.0 has just been released which will jailbreak you ipod and it will be un-tethered.

If you get any problems, give me a shout here. ;)

Reactions: ALERTman

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Do you have a link that I can use to download 5.1.1 to restore it into my iPod in itunes?

You need to use iTunes on your PC or Mac buddy. Can't be done with a link.

All you need to do is hook up your iPod to iTunes and then there will be a button to upgrade the software.

Have you got access to a pc or mac? Sorry if this sounds like a silly question. Just trying to understand what you are doing?? :confused:

Reactions: ALERTman

ALERTman

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Yes, PC.
iTunes does not connect to the internet though. It has problems.

I can make it work if i need to by removing some other software I would rather not though.

Thanks for your time!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2