Best Of Both Worlds? BB 9930 and ipod Touch 4th Gen?

CHIP72

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm just using the ipod touch 4th Gen at home, just like for listening my itunes and Netflix and media stuff.

IMO, you should buy an iPad or another tablet (maybe a Playbook - I bought one a little less than 3 weeks ago and really like it) rather than buy an iPod Touch, unless you have a tight budget.

EDIT: My bad, I didn't read the entire thread and see that the OP bought an iPod Touch (or that the thread was started in early November).:eek:

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Exactly what I have, apart from that my Bold is the GSM 9900. I recently got an iPod touch and it's definitely great to have one. You can technically have your iPod touch connected to the net while out and about since your 9930 should have a mobile hotspot feature. While out, I do prefer to do some things on my iPod touch than on my 9900 lol.

pa7tip

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I have a 9930, ipod touch 4th, and ipad 2. The only thing I find myself using the ipod for is music and it never leaves my truck. I could have a 1st gen ipod and wouldn't notice the difference. I sometimes stream pandora in my truck but I use my BB for that.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

tmarkt utd

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
My iPod Classic is dying, so I've been thinking about this subject for a while. Following this forum conversation you folks have helped me make up my mind. I'm going to get an iPod Touch 4th Gen to run along side my Torch 9810. Big thanks to you all. :)
The VERY best of both worlds!

CarFan

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Been using the 9930 and the ipod touch 4 for quite a while. What the 9930 couldn't handle app wise the touch with the BB's hotspot could.

I'm moving on to a Samsung Galaxy S3. If I find however it's not cutting it, I wont hesitate to go back to the dynamic duo.

CarFan

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Been using the 9930 and the ipod touch 4 for quite a while. What the 9930 couldn't handle app wise the touch with the BB's hotspot could.

I'm moving on to a Samsung Galaxy S3. If I find however it's not cutting it, I wont hesitate to go back to the dynamic duo.

Tried the S3. Great phone, but not for me. Went back to the 9930. Upgraded to ipod touch 5g. If your wonderingif it's worth trading in your 4g, the answer is yes! The 5g's isight camera is reason enough. Beautiful pictuers.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Tried the S3. Great phone, but not for me. Went back to the 9930. Upgraded to ipod touch 5g. If your wonderingif it's worth trading in your 4g, the answer is yes! The 5g's isight camera is reason enough. Beautiful pictuers.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
The touch 5g's camera is much better than the steaming pile in the 99xx RIM decided to call a camera. I don't use the one on my 9900 anymore.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods