iPod Touch Doesn't sync to computer

Mauv3

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I've had this problem with my second generation ipod touch for 4 or 5 months now. Each time I connect the iPod to my computer(tried many different USB cables), the computer doesn't seem to pick it up. iTunes doesn't recognize anything being plugged in either. So I've been charging my iPod using a wall charger and it seems to be fine except I can't add any new music or videos to it.

What can I do to fix this problem?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Next question: does your computer recognize anything plugged in to that USB port? Maybe you've got a broken port.

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
make sure you are plugging it directly to the computer (dont use ports on keyboards or anything else)
try a port in the actual pc.. if that doesnt work..try the USB in the BACK of the computer as well.
if that doesnt work....
unplug from the pc....
hold home and sleep (top left button) till it turns off, then let go of just the sleep button.. continue to hold home till the apple logo appears.
If you did it right it should boot up with the "plug into itunes logo" (at least it used too... havent done it in a loooong time! lol)

then try plugging it in.

(also make sure you have the correct date and time.. that can cause funny issues AND make sure you are not using a 3rd party cable)

Last edited:

Acqua1992

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
make sure you are plugging it directly to the computer (dont use ports on keyboards or anything else)
try a port in the actual pc.. if that doesnt work..try the USB in the BACK of the computer as well.
if that doesnt work....
unplug from the pc....
hold home and sleep (top left button) till it turns off, then let go of just the sleep button.. continue to hold home till the apple logo appears.
If you did it right it should boot up with the "plug into itunes logo" (at least it used too... havent done it in a loooong time! lol)

then try plugging it in.

(also make sure you have the correct date and time.. that can cause funny issues AND make sure you are not using a 3rd party cable)

Yes, and before plug-in try to shut down and then turn on the pc...

hpcomputergeek

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Actually, if he goes into DFU mode and his ipod touch doesn't detect the iPod, he won't be able to use his iPod touch. Don't put it into DFU mode. It's probably just a hardware issue with your PC.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods