Weird battery problem

2hot

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I have an iPod touch 4th gen jailbroken on 4.3.5. When I am playing movies or listening to music the battery drop is ok. When I go into an app or even in the settings menu the battery drops horribly. One level of angry birds the battery goes from 60% to 8%. Then if I close the game and leave it alone for a couple of minutes the battery will be back to 60%. Does this sound like a bad battery or something more?
Thanks

iMalum

Jul 21, 2011
iphonechroniclr.wordpress.com
I'm wondering if it's the actual battery (like you said), or a software issue. Did you notice this issue right after you updated to 4.3.5, or was it an all-of-a-sudden thing?

You can try calibrating the battery. Just run the battery on your touch all the way down until it automatically shuts itself down. Once it's completely dead, charge it all the way up to 100%.

You can also try restoring your iPod. Just connect your touch to iTunes, click "Restore." This will delete everything on your iPod, and then reinstall iOS and your media. Just make sure you sync/backup your touch before restoring.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Same here. Battery life is definitely not one of the most exciting features of the iPod Touch 4.

I'd say the OP has a defective battery, though, going by how fast the battery dies. My daughter has the iPod Touch 4, and hers does not drain that fast.

Appidia

Sep 14, 2011
www.Appidia.net
Are you using original charger for your iPod? I experienced weird issues like that when charging my device with non-original charger adapter...

2hot

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes I am using the original charger. I have taken it in to an apple store and they ran their tests on it and the battery showed it was working fine but it did drop before his eyes so since I was under warranty they just exchanged it

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes I am using the original charger. I have taken it in to an apple store and they ran their tests on it and the battery showed it was working fine but it did drop before his eyes so since I was under warranty they just exchanged it

That was good that that it happened again while you were there. Glad they exchanged it for you, hopefully this one will work out better.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner