iPod Touch 4th gen screen vs iPhone 4

Nebulosity

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
So I've been using my iPhone 4 on Verizon since Feb 9th. I haven't even turned on my iPod touch since then, but a funny thing happened today. I realized that I needed to charge my ipod, so I hooked it up and let it charge. I then unlocked it and was stunned to see a noticeably better looking screen than my iphone4. I've made every adjustment I can think of to make the settings exact. The iPhone just has a more "hazy" not-as-clear screen than the iPod. Whats the deal? Anyone else notice the same thing? I was under the impression they are using almost exact hardware, other than the IPS not being as good (if existent at all) on the iPod.

Any thoughts out there?

Mella

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
hmm? Something wrong? the iPhone 4 use extremely high resolution screen, it features a 940x640-pixel (or 300 pixels per square inch) "Retina Display," which is four times the resolution of previous iPhone models. What's more, it uses the same IPS display that's found on the iPad with an 800:1 contrast ratio. In our brief hands-on, the display is clearer than crystal clear, so are you sure you see the iPod screen is more clear?

Nebulosity

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Hmm I suppose clear would be the correct word. It has a sharper look to it, if you can imagine turning up the sharpness level on many photo editing programs or monitors. I'm going to get them side by side and see if taking a picture will capture what I'm talking about. The colors seem brighter and it just has a bit of a sharper look to it. Its not TOO drastic, but the iPod honestly looks like a better screen if viewing straight on. If viewing from an angle the lack of IPS is plainly noticeable; the iPhone quickly overtakes the iPod in terms of quality.

Nebulosity

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Pictures that I just took look identical so I won't bother lol. I know I'm not crazy there is 100% definitely a discernible difference between the 2 screens when beside each other. The iPod looks sharper to me. Oh well, its not as if my iPhone looks bad in any sense of the word, it just looks not quite as good..

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77