Why ohh Why did Apple put a White front on the Red ???

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Online and on YouTube I've seen tons of complaints about the WHITE front on the Red iphone with only a few positive opinions about the choice of white.

Mock pictures of a black front on the Red look AMAZING !!!!

I am personally am at a total loss to understand why Apple would ruin the awesome Red with a white front.

Doesn't Apple test market ideas like this and if so how in the world did the white front beat out a black front with a red color ring around the home button ???

The WHITE front makes the RED look cheap,,,, what were you thinking Or not thinking Apple ???

Cheers
Davyo

Attachments

• IMG_9317.JPG
    IMG_9317.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 19

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Black hardware has become more popular, so maybe they have to get rid of the white left overs. So throw it on the new backing. Just my thought.

Ecm

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I love red devices. IF this had a black front/screen, I'd get it to replace my black 7 Plus. But with the white screen, no.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I love the red with white. It's more elegant this way.
Too much red with too much black doesn't make sense IMO.
I know I'll be crucified for saying this out loud, but so be it.
Red / white for the win!

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I like the white. I think it looks best. That is my opinion. Loved the iPod (PRODUCT) Red, also. It has a white screen. Looks great.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Doesn't Apple test market ideas like this and if so how in the world did the white front beat out a black front with a red color ring around the home button ???

Of course they do. They have more market research and data for a day than you and I could come up with in a lifetime.

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Rene mentioned in his unboxing video that Product (RED)'s color have always been red and white so that explains that. Would've loved to see the home button ring in red though.

Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
I don't really like the red with the black. It looks too Deadpool or Harley Quinn - like a comic book edition. The red iPhone is not really for Apple - it's for PRODUCT(RED). The PRODUCT(RED) colors are red and white so it's fitting.

Ziich47

May 6, 2015
Visit site
From my understanding it is because almost all other product red apple devices are red and white or just red in terms of cases. The one exception being the red and black one off Mac pro

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Because it's not just apple making a damn red phone. It's apple making a product red color and product red's color philosophy is red and white not RED AND F***ING BLACK!

Why is so hard for people to grasp this?

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I love the white bezel. All my Samsung Notes were white except for the Note 7. I think the white is classic and pretty. I don’t tire of it. My ipad is the white as well with silver. It’s preference.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2