• Yes 6 or more characters

Votes: 15 71.4%
  • Yes - Work phone and its required

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Absolutely. Six digits along with Touch ID. My fiance' and I both have access to one anothers phones (and everything else).

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
4 digit. and Touch ID.

I am glad as Touch ID can be a PITA sometimes and typing in the code more then ever these days.

anon(10210323)

Apr 6, 2017
Visit site
6 digits and touch ID. For a short time I used an alphanumeric (9 digit) password, but at the time didn't know about the lock/delay feature the secures the device.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
6 digits and fingerprint. Why? As easy as it is to steal someone's identity these days, I'm not taking any changes.

Plus, even though it's my personal phone, I do have work email and apps on it.

akutch34

Trusted Member
Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
I am trying to get some metrics and I figured what better way than to reach out to the amazing diverse members of iMore.

Here is the question:

Do you have a passcode on your iPhone? If so is it longer than 6 characters.

Post why or why not.

Yes. My phone stays on my desk all day at work. My mother has medical conditions and I'm in charge of her appointments and medicines. I need to be able to see when she messages me because it is usually urgernt. However, I am very busy at work and I am more often than not on my feet somewhere around the dental office. I like knowing that my immature coworkers cant mess with my Facebook status or make random calls while I'm away from my phone.

Also, online banking and password storage as well.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I am trying to get some metrics and I figured what better way than to reach out to the amazing diverse members of iMore.

Here is the question:

Do you have a passcode on your iPhone? If so is it longer than 6 characters.

Post why or why not.

No one needs to be in my devices without my permission. I use a 6 character passcode.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
A 6-digit security code and Touch ID is a must. We don’t want the wife seeing messages to/from the girlfriend now do we? iKid, iKid!