Why iOS: It's Easy and I'm Lazy

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
What's all this talk about. You say simplicity, quality, fingerprint scanner, emails ectera, ectera ....smartphones have made my life a mess....I'm going back to a dumb phone....now that's what I call LAZY.....LOL

anon(10101748)

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
As a user of both, both iPhone and Android "works out of the box" Never understood what that actually means. Maybe some folks are just "slow".

I don't think "slow" in the way you are using the term is really justifiable. But possibly "slower" to adopt to Android coming from iPhone or just if you've never used either, then tried each, the iPhone is simpler from turning on to using full capabilities versus Android which has many options and tweaks. That is not a bad thing for those who take the time.

So take the first example. In my opinion if you are using an Android and decide to switch to iPhone it's pretty simple. Turn on and go. Not a ton of options or customizations. Now again, that may be a disadvantage long-term that iOS isn't as customizable but we are talking "out of the box new". So anyone using an Android could easily pick up an iPhone and be using it to its full capabilities rather quickly. Just my opinion.

Whereas in the reverse if an iPhone user takes an Android stock OS "out of the box new" there are some things that may be confusing. Advantageous, yes...confusing nonetheless. Example, a person has used Yahoo their whole life. They turn on their new Android and immediately need a Google account (could argue that iOS requires an iTunes account but that can be created with an already existing email). Once you've gotten past that their are things that occur that may confuse some people. Example, it's obvious to me that when you go to send a text Google asks for permission to your contacts. I understand Google needs your contacts unless you want to manually enter a number every time you text it. It's an app to app permission. But check the forums and you'll find lots of people that ask, "Why does this app need this permission?" Like why does the dialer need permission to contacts. I know it's because where else would they get the numbers from.

iPhone just does it without asking. This can be confusing to new Android users because the permissions are necessary and not intrusive but because the consumer has never been asked they don't understand why Google is asking. Like I said, it's all over the forums. It's seems silly why someone would ask, "Why does the phone app need permission to my address book?" but it's a common question. So to me "out of the box" simply means to use the device and its full capability iOS is simpler than AndroidOS, not better...but easier "out of the box".

My second point was if a person is coming from say flip phone, not a smart phone and was given an iPhone and Android Device. The Apple device is again simpler and easier because it has less options. That doesn't make it better if options and customizing is what you want. But it takes time and a learning curve to customize.

Again, I've used 27 smart phones now. Every iPhone has been the same. Plug in and restore. Every Android been different in someway that I had to adapt to. I don't think saying iOS is easier "out of the box" is an indictment on or reason not to use Android or reason to perceive iOS being "better"...it simply does what some people believe which is work easier "out of the box". Again, this is my opinion.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
See that's my point. Those are all except "simplicity" what I would call Acceptable Reasons. All device should have great support, most don't. All should pack power, but choose not to, and customer service is non-existent in some areas. That said.

There a lot of phones with all these features like the Pixel XL has great build quality, 24/7 lifetime support and service, a battery that pushes as long as the 7plus, and great customer service for just the Pixel and Pixel XL.

Like I mean it, seriously. If there was a button a could flick on the side of the Pixel that put my phone on Vibrate I'd be using it right now.

So I mean, not comparing feature to feature by phone versus phone but what are like the "quirky" things. I think it's crazy I love the Pixel but won't use it cause of the extra step to go to vibrate, I'm that lazy.

Perhaps I should have title changed to something more like, How Much Does Being Lazy Factor into You Choosing iOS?
Did you know that there is an app called Tiles that will add a quick setting to toggle sound? See below! I used to have a Samsung S7 edge and when I got the pixel I was like wait where is my vibrate quick setting button?! Found this amazing app and so happy!

c4553ccfdb18e0e43e9e88bd4e77a48f.jpg

e273c3807d50e7e51c6b0861aa7cc9a1.jpg

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Did you know that there is an app called Tiles that will add a quick setting to toggle sound? See below! I used to have a Samsung S7 edge and when I got the pixel I was like wait where is my vibrate quick setting button?! Found this amazing app and so happy!

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170324/c4553ccfdb18e0e43e9e88bd4e77a48f.jpg

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170324/e273c3807d50e7e51c6b0861aa7cc9a1.jpg

Omg, bless you for this! I know your reply was to PhoneDr but I recently got a Pixel and this has been SO annoying to me to set do not disturb or vibrate at work.

Question for you, is this just for the ringer or for the ringer and notifications?

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Omg, bless you for this! I know your reply was to PhoneDr but I recently got a Pixel and this has been SO annoying to me to set do not disturb or vibrate at work.

Question for you, is this just for the ringer or for the ringer and notifications?
It's for both...It will vibrate for both phone calls and notifications.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods