Apple, it's time to redeem yourself

anon(9132077)

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I love Apple just as much as any of you. I own almost all of their products. But is anyone in agreement with me in that they really need to comeback with iPhone 8?

They've been stagnant. Improvements, but minor. Minor changes since the iPhone 6. Even iOS needs to change and improve. New TV app is an example of meh.

Come on Apple, make me super excited for your updates and new products like you used to!

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't necessarily say that Apple needs a "comeback". Apple has made reliable products. As the saying goes "if it's not broken, don't fix it".

anon(9132077)

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't necessarily say that Apple needs a "comeback". Apple has made reliable products. As the saying goes "if it's not broken, don't fix it".

I hear ya. Maybe I went too far. I just want to see a revamp like we saw from the 5s to the 6. And like from iOS 6 to iOS 7. Totally redone. It's exciting.

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't necessarily disagree with you, but it seems to me that the entire mobile industry is going through a 'meh' phase right now. Hopefully 2017 will bring something new and exciting.

Sean Brennan

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
The days of a new fresh innovative phone have come and gone...kind of like the TV...just not exciting anymore, so many of them. All with HD. The next step appears physical integration. The phone is apart of you....

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
For "me" Apple needs to greatly improve on the following:

1. Either have more than enough devices in stock at launch or have more than enough on standby to quickly fulfill and ship orders within a week's time.

2. Do not give a timeframe of any kind if you're unsure that the product will be available for sale at that time.

3. Keep the keynotes on point - meaning on the product and what it can bring to the buyer and focus less on the entertainment aspect. I watch the keynote for the product not for a mini concert. Oh, and make sure the presentation is without glitches.

4. I don't want iOS to be Android, but update it to be in line with how "we the consumer" use the software. For example, put a select-all option and - delete-all option everywhere. It's also time, in my opinion, to combine the calendar and reminders app.

5. The iWorks suite of apps should come pre-installed.

anon(10101748)

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site

Apple has even said themselves that technology has advanced exceptionally quick and to look for more subtle changes over time. There isn't much left to excite the average consumer. The average and target consumer doesn't understand or need the so called redemption features. The iPhone works. Expect iOS11 do be average at best and maybe the Anniversary iPhone may have a surprise but I don't foresee anything major.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2