I'm looking to upgrade my phone at some point. Would the better option to maximize profit on my old phone be to trade in or to keep it and try to sell it privately? Or perhaps even keep it and sell it to one of those online pages that buy phones. I have an iphone 6.
    Brummy16 likes this.
    11-27-2016 07:46 AM
    You're more likely to get a decent return by selling it privately. Trade-ins are easier, but you'd likely get far less. Perhaps try the iMore Marketplace? Many deals happen there. The Marketplace - Buy, Sell & Trade - iPhone, iPad, iPod Forums at iMore.com And, feedback is available for many who have made transactions. Marketplace Feedback - iPhone, iPad, iPod Forums at iMore.com
    aximtreo and libra89 like this.
    11-27-2016 10:43 AM
    You're more likely to get a decent return by selling it privately. Trade-ins are easier, but you'd likely get far less. Perhaps try the iMore Marketplace? Many deals happen there. The Marketplace - Buy, Sell & Trade - iPhone, iPad, iPod Forums at iMore.com And, feedback is available for many who have made transactions. Marketplace Feedback - iPhone, iPad, iPod Forums at iMore.com

I'll definitely look into it when I'm ready to make a move.
    11-27-2016 12:47 PM
    Good plan. And remember, you can list it here and elsewhere at the same time. Double/triple your chances of selling for a fair price.
    aximtreo likes this.
    11-27-2016 01:12 PM
    Does anyone have experience with T mobile and just buying a phone off them when you already have service? I have JUMP so I can upgrade thru them but like I've said I'd prefer to just keep my phone and try to sell it for more on my own. Seems like it may be a hassle to try to get a phone on its own from them?
    12-11-2016 06:49 AM
    Does anyone have experience with T mobile and just buying a phone off them when you already have service? I have JUMP so I can upgrade thru them but like I've said I'd prefer to just keep my phone and try to sell it for more on my own. Seems like it may be a hassle to try to get a phone on its own from them?
    I don't know how it is to sign up for financing for monthly payments, but I'm guessing that if you are willing to pay the full cost upfront, there should be no issues. Your plan shouldn't have to be adjusted.
    aximtreo likes this.
    12-12-2016 08:23 AM
    I don't know how it is to sign up for financing for monthly payments, but I'm guessing that if you are willing to pay the full cost upfront, there should be no issues. Your plan shouldn't have to be adjusted.
    Yeah T mobile would offer me $100 on an iphone 6. 128gb. I'm all set with that offer! I see I can buy an iphone 7 from apple with t mobile sim card. I just am having hard time getting thru to t mobile to see if they'd port over my phone #. I was able to get my verizon number over to my current t mobile iphone 6. So guessing it shouldn't be an issue? Minor details always make this stuff a huge hassle.
    12-12-2016 12:50 PM