I have in my opinion the best iPhone yet (6S Plus) and the main reason aside from all the obvious reasons is the 3.5 mm headphone jack. I love my music and spend hours per day enjoying it. I use the Musi app where I keep my Flac-files and use my Sennheiser Momentum headphones for listening. And yes, to me there is a notable difference in sound quality between lossless music and everything else. Now since no Bluetooth technology can manage maintaining the lossless quality or even the mediocre sound quality of MP3 and other codecs alike, Apple's adventure presents a true dilemma for me. Just like the first MacBook Air was groundbreaking and redefined the modern notebook, the iPhone 8 is meant to accomplish the same for the smartphone industry. The big problem is though that in 2008 there were other alternatives provided by Apple, the MacBook and MacBook Pro. Now unless one makes the compromise of going back to older/less powerful iPhone iterations, then there really aren't any alternatives left for people like me. Until the Bluetooth technology is where it needs to be, it seems as if I and others like me should find a separate solution for my music listening needs cause the iPhone doesn't cut it anymore.
    11-20-2016 03:23 AM
    I believe Apple still provides a lighting-to-headphone-jack connector in the box when you buy it, and another earphone that connects to the lightning itself. It's just that, the only problem is you can only do one of these things to charge and to play music.
    aximtreo and libra89 like this.
    11-20-2016 05:22 AM
    I honestly don't see them brining it back. Apple is also not the first company to remove the headphone jack from a device. For me, my BT Bose headphones & speakers work just fine...haven't used a headphone jack in years. The fact of the matter is when things change, some are fine with it & some aren't. There's no such this as everyone being pleased. Since your current device works for you, I'd say keep it. It will be supported for a while. If it doesn't work, then there are alternative devices that have what you're looking for. Good Luck
    11-20-2016 02:03 PM
    There's a lightning to 3.5 in the box yes. And I just bought another one for 9.99 just in case. If this or bluetooth is not good enough for you, I think you will be pretty sad in the near future, because analog technology is going away. Just try to buy a laptop with a VGA connector, or a DVD with a composite output, Its increasingly rare.
    11-20-2016 07:16 PM
    I honestly don't see them brining it back. Apple is also not the first company to remove the headphone jack from a device. For me, my BT Bose headphones & speakers work just fine...haven't used a headphone jack in years. The fact of the matter is when things change, some are fine with it & some aren't. There's no such this as everyone being pleased. Since your current device works for you, I'd say keep it. It will be supported for a while. If it doesn't work, then there are alternative devices that have what you're looking for. Good Luck
    THIS. I'm not a gambling man but, if I were, I'd bet that we won't be seeing any more headphone jacks on iPhone going forward. I'm guessing the 3.5mm jack's days are numbered on other platforms as well. Apple opened a can of worms.
    jmr1015, libra89 and nikkisharif like this.
    11-20-2016 07:48 PM
    THIS. I'm not a gambling man but, if I were, I'd bet that we won't be seeing any more headphone jacks on iPhone going forward. I'm guessing the 3.5mm jack's days are numbered on other platforms as well. Apple opened a can of worms.
    Things are going to get real interesting lol
    libra89 likes this.
    11-20-2016 09:38 PM
    It's never coming back, not like Apple to make U-turns especially on something like this. Really don't see it as an issue, well not as big an issue as it's made out. There's an adaptor in the box, I plugged it on to the bottom of my spare earphones for work and don't really notice it is there. All other times I have BT Bose headphone which are great.

Some people may not like it but might as well accept it and forget about it, or buy a phone that does have a jack? That will soon be out of date though and like others have said, I think eventually other manufacturers will follow.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    11-21-2016 11:22 AM
    Yeah, it's not like Apple to make a U turn on something like this...I mean think of the keynote...what would they say " We don't have Courage anymore. We had courage last year but this year we decided we didn't need it" and all of this with a straight face.. 😁
    11-25-2016 09:41 AM
    I'm already prepared to get a Bluetooth headphone if I end up getting the next iPhone.
    12-11-2016 07:01 PM
    Bluetooth 5.0 is on the recently launched s8 which provides increased bandwidth speed and range over Bluetooth. I think it is safe to assume that we will also see it in the next iPhone.
    Furthermore to get the best quality from your music you should get a DAC which would be a huge improvement over the inbuilt one found on mobile phone
    scruffypig likes this.
    04-01-2017 10:53 AM