Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 19 of 19
Like Tree25Likes
  • 2 Post By Ledsteplin
  • 3 Post By metllicamilitia
  • 3 Post By Ledsteplin
  • 4 Post By Rob Phillips
  • 2 Post By metllicamilitia
  • 1 Post By Ledsteplin
  • 1 Post By Ledsteplin
  • 3 Post By metllicamilitia
  • 2 Post By SwitchBeach
  • 4 Post By knotsure
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    Rizwan Basir's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    662 Global Posts

    Default Apple isn't Apple anymore.

    List of evidence I'm basing this statement on.

    1. Mouse charging solution
    2. Battery case design
    3. 3 years of same design with the iPhone
    4. Careless iOS 10 release
    5. IOS is full of gimmicks and nothing substantial
    6. Ios 10 is full of bugs after such a long beta program
    7. IPhone 7 and 7 plus are not substantial hardware upgrades
    8. The Jet Black scratches extremely easily
    9. The removal of the headphone jack wasn't justified
    10. The software and hardware experience is the same since 4 years ago

    I've been an Apple user since the beginning. Started off with the 3G uptill 5s. Switched because the experience was getting stale and boring. Experience 3 years of exciting Android devices. Owned almost every flagship because I love mobile technology. When iOS 10 was coming out I thought I'd give it a shot again as the presence of widgets lured me in. So i switched from the S7 edge to the iPhone 6s plus.

    Yes. A few apps work better on IOS. The cameras are okay.

    That is it. Thats all the iPhone can do. And its been the same since iPhone 4. Apps work. Camera works. Thats it. I don't think there's any other place where the iPhone out performs the competition. Yes you could say that the apps and camera didn't perform well on Android back at the time iPhone 5 was released. But after that, I'm sorry. Not just apps and cameras work well on Android, there has been so much innovation in other areas as well. Battery, charging, display, productivity, freedom with functionality and so much more has been introduced along with performance.

    Justifying time.

    1 and 2, looks like design solutions coming out of a 10 year old.
    3. Yes the iPhone 6 looked good and seamless. Now it just looks boring and stale. The bezels are still huge. The camera hump on colors other than black don't blend in at all. Theres nothing modern about this design anymore.
    4. After all the beta releases, Apple still managed to brick devices on the launch of iOS. What's funny is that Apple people give crap to android for slow updates. One; they already have 3 times more features than iPhones. Two; when they do update they're stable enough to not receive further updates for a very long time.
    5. Messaging app is the biggest update on iOS 10. This couldve easily been just an app update. Widgets are there. Finally. Don't work well for me. Scrolling through them is annoying. Interacting with them is like experiencing an Android phone from 2010. Yes. If you've used widgets and love getting information at a glance you know what I'm talking about. And not to mention that the clock on lockscreen of plus models look extremely out of place (big clunky bold font from 2002)
    6. So. Many. Little bugs. I recieved a phone call. Picked up the phone to answer it. Phone froze. Had to restart the phone. Missed the phone call. It was an important phone call.
    7. Water resistance. Camera is only slightly better. Thats it. What?
    8. Don't need to say anything. Just watch TechCrunch review of the iPhone 7.
    9. Yes remove the headphone jack by all means. But give us an equally useful alternative. They pull it out. Then provide us with a dongle and a dock to use it. What? Apple is scared and confused. Thats not courage. Thats just asking for publicity.
    10. The future is wireless they said. Where is wireless charging? 750p display on the iPhone 7? Is that even right? Slow charging. Huge bezels. Buggy software with no freedom, still. No useful additions to software since the introduction of control centre.

    Apple has let me down. I was expecting a lot more. I'm tired of the iPhone already. Its only been 2 months since I've come back to it again. I still love Apple for what they used to be. For me at least,

    Apple isn't Apple anymore.
  2. #2  
    aokusman1's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    112 Posts
    Global Posts
    446 Global Posts

    Default Re: Apple isn't Apple anymore.

    The battery case was a joke. No innovation just using then Apple brand to charge high prices.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Apple isn't Apple anymore.

    Quote Originally Posted by aokusman1 View Post
    The battery case was a joke. No innovation just using then Apple brand to charge high prices.
    Maybe. But the one I held in my hand felt more comfy than a Mophie. Looked odd with the hump, but actually had a better grip and hold. I thought the design a genius idea.
  4. #4  
    metllicamilitia's Avatar
    iMore Guru

    Posts
    1,936 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,634 Global Posts

    Default Re: Apple isn't Apple anymore.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rizwan Basir View Post
    List of evidence I'm basing this statement on.

    1. Mouse charging solution
    2. Battery case design
    3. 3 years of same design with the iPhone
    4. Careless iOS 10 release
    5. IOS is full of gimmicks and nothing substantial
    6. Ios 10 is full of bugs after such a long beta program
    7. IPhone 7 and 7 plus are not substantial hardware upgrades
    8. The Jet Black scratches extremely easily
    9. The removal of the headphone jack wasn't justified
    10. The software and hardware experience is the same since 4 years ago

    For me at least,

    Apple isn't Apple anymore.
    1. Mouse charging?
    2. Apple wanted to make a thin case, that meant a hump. Haven't heard anything else about it since it's release.
    3. Either Apple has decided to stick with the current design for the foreseeable future or will change it next year. Also, why does the design have to change? Change for the sake of change is unnecessary and usually just ends badly.
    4. Careless? It's software, complicated software, being updated wirelessly, yes a few issues will pop up. It's software.
    5. Gimmicks? No, everything on iOS is functionally, want gimmicks? Look no further than companies like Samsung just throwing features in no one will ever use.
    6. Bugs? Yes! It's software, complicated software! Downloading, deleting, changing, anything affecting the software can cause other effects in the software, there will be bugs! It's software!
    7. No they aren't major hardware upgrades, they don't need to be.
    8. What? Glossy surfaces show scratches easily? Oh my, never heard of such a thing.
    9. And yet no one cared when Lenovo and LG removed it. Moto Z, G5? No 3.5mm jack. They aren't alone, no one cares until Apple does it though.
    10. So is Androids experience, it's literally the same, just with more bells and whistles. Apple will implement more bells and whistles when it fits the experience of the iPhone.

    Everyone is entitled to their opinion, just as I'm entitled to play devil's advocate.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Apple isn't Apple anymore.

    Quote Originally Posted by metllicamilitia View Post
    1. Mouse charging?
    2. Apple wanted to make a thin case, that meant a hump. Haven't heard anything else about it since it's release.
    3. Either Apple has decided to stick with the current design for the foreseeable future or will change it next year. Also, why does the design have to change? Change for the sake of change is unnecessary and usually just ends badly.
    4. Careless? It's software, complicated software, being updated wirelessly, yes a few issues will pop up. It's software.
    5. Gimmicks? No, everything on iOS is functionally, want gimmicks? Look no further than companies like Samsung just throwing features in no one will ever use.
    6. Bugs? Yes! It's software, complicated software! Downloading, deleting, changing, anything affecting the software can cause other effects in the software, there will be bugs! It's software!
    7. No they aren't major hardware upgrades, they don't need to be.
    8. What? Glossy surfaces show scratches easily? Oh my, never heard of such a thing.
    9. And yet no one cared when Lenovo and LG removed it. Moto Z, G5? No 3.5mm jack. They aren't alone, no one cares until Apple does it though.
    10. So is Androids experience, it's literally the same, just with more bells and whistles. Apple will implement more bells and whistles when it fits the experience of the iPhone.

    Everyone is entitled to their opinion, just as I'm entitled to play devil's advocate.
    Exactly! And what bugs? I've been on iOS 10 a month. Love it. At first I didn't think I would like the new messages features. Wrong! I really like them a lot. This is the most stable OS in a long time. Some folks just like to complain.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Apple isn't Apple anymore.

    If I'm being honest this was a total TL;DR post so I skimmed it. The "Apple isn't innovating" argument is the dead horse that can't possibly be beaten anymore. The fact is that growth and innovation is stalling all over the mobile sector because there isn't much else out there that we should expect our phones to do with today's available technology. Samsung doesn't reinvent the phone with every iteration yet people lose their minds when Apple doesn't either. Perhaps they should release a triangular phone to reinvigorate users. The Tic-Toc cycle just isn't going to be a thing anymore for any company. Technology changes over time and growth has slowed for the time being.

    You're right though, the Apple of a decade ago isn't the Apple of today. Good thing, because they shouldn't be.
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    Rizwan Basir's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    662 Global Posts

    Default Re: Apple isn't Apple anymore.

    Quote Originally Posted by metllicamilitia View Post
    1. Mouse charging?
    2. Apple wanted to make a thin case, that meant a hump. Haven't heard anything else about it since it's release.
    3. Either Apple has decided to stick with the current design for the foreseeable future or will change it next year. Also, why does the design have to change? Change for the sake of change is unnecessary and usually just ends badly.
    4. Careless? It's software, complicated software, being updated wirelessly, yes a few issues will pop up. It's software.
    5. Gimmicks? No, everything on iOS is functionally, want gimmicks? Look no further than companies like Samsung just throwing features in no one will ever use.
    6. Bugs? Yes! It's software, complicated software! Downloading, deleting, changing, anything affecting the software can cause other effects in the software, there will be bugs! It's software!
    7. No they aren't major hardware upgrades, they don't need to be.
    8. What? Glossy surfaces show scratches easily? Oh my, never heard of such a thing.
    9. And yet no one cared when Lenovo and LG removed it. Moto Z, G5? No 3.5mm jack. They aren't alone, no one cares until Apple does it though.
    10. So is Androids experience, it's literally the same, just with more bells and whistles. Apple will implement more bells and whistles when it fits the experience of the iPhone.

    Everyone is entitled to their opinion, just as I'm entitled to play devil's advocate.
    1. Its ugly. Under-designed. No-functional; has the power led inside the case.
    2. Because technology evolves. Because minds evolve. Because fashion evolves. What doesn't evolve is anything that's dead.
    3. After ao many betas, it still has issues. Never had this problem on Android phones. Bricking phones?
    4. Messaging. Its full of gimmicks. You can use it if you want to. But nothing in ios 10 adds to the core experience of messaging. Other than messages, what is there to talk about in the update? Unmmmm nothing really.
    5. Bugs. Which will get fixed in the updates to come. After 9 updates. Ios 10 still needs updates to fix issues like app freezing. Clapping!
    6. Hey, if you like making compromises then I can't change your mind. Compromise on everything. Its your money after all.
    7. Gorilla glass = glossy. Don't make metal polished surfaces if they scratch easily. Put strong glass instead. Logic. But again, you like compromising so it's okay for you.
    8. They gave mods. They reduced the thickness to accommodate the thick moto mods. Logic. But again, you don't like logic.
    9. Some of the bells and whistles like customisation abilities help a lot to organise the productivity tool that is your smartphone. But again, you don't care because you're ready to make that compromise too.

    Everyone is entitled to defend themselves too I guess.
    Last edited by firedept10; 09-15-2016 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Rules Violation
  8. #8  
    metllicamilitia's Avatar
    iMore Guru

    Posts
    1,936 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,634 Global Posts

    Default Re: Apple isn't Apple anymore.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rizwan Basir View Post
    1. Its ugly. Under-designed. No-functional; has the power led inside the case.
    2. Because technology evolves. Because minds evolve. Because fashion evolves. What doesn't evolve is anything that's dead.
    3. After ao many betas, it still has issues. Never had this problem on Android phones. Bricking phones?
    4. Messaging. Its full of gimmicks. You can use it if you want to. But nothing in ios 10 adds to the core experience of messaging. Other than messages, what is there to talk about in the update? Unmmmm nothing really.
    5. Bugs. Which will get fixed in the updates to come. After 9 updates. Ios 10 still needs updates to fix issues like app freezing. Clapping!
    6. Hey, if you like making compromises then I can't change your mind. Compromise on everything. Its your money after all.
    7. Gorilla glass = glossy. Don't make metal polished surfaces if they scratch easily. Put strong glass instead. Logic. But again, you like compromising so it's okay for you.
    8. They gave mods. They reduced the thickness to accommodate the thick moto mods. Logic. But again, you don't like logic.
    9. Some of the bells and whistles like customisation abilities help a lot to organise the productivity tool that is your smartphone. But again, you don't care because you're ready to make that compromise too.

    Everyone is entitled to defend themselves too I guess.
    I've scratched Gorilla glass numerous times, apps freezing or crashing is likely due to developers needing to update their apps, mods huh, Apple gives you an adapter, to each their own. iOS works for me so I'm sticking with iOS. Also, I've been using iOS 10 since deva beta 1, in respect to your updates, you are incorrect. iOS 10 went through beta, as an official global release it has not seen any updates.
    Last edited by firedept10; 09-15-2016 at 03:59 PM.
    Tartarus and Laura Knotek like this.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Apple isn't Apple anymore.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rizwan Basir View Post
    1. Its ugly. Under-designed. No-functional; has the power led inside the case.
    2. Because technology evolves. Because minds evolve. Because fashion evolves. What doesn't evolve is anything that's dead.
    3. After ao many betas, it still has issues. Never had this problem on Android phones. Bricking phones?
    4. Messaging. Its full of gimmicks. You can use it if you want to. But nothing in ios 10 adds to the core experience of messaging. Other than messages, what is there to talk about in the update? Unmmmm nothing really.
    5. Bugs. Which will get fixed in the updates to come. After 9 updates. Ios 10 still needs updates to fix issues like app freezing. Clapping!
    6. Hey, if you like making compromises then I can't change your mind. Compromise on everything. Its your money after all.
    7. Gorilla glass = glossy. Don't make metal polished surfaces if they scratch easily. Put strong glass instead. Logic. But again, you like compromising so it's okay for you.
    8. They gave mods. They reduced the thickness to accommodate the thick moto mods. Logic. But again, you don't like logic.
    9. Some of the bells and whistles like customisation abilities help a lot to organise the productivity tool that is your smartphone. But again, you don't care because you're ready to make that compromise too.

    Everyone is entitled to defend themselves too I guess.
    What issues? You have issues? I don't!
    Last edited by firedept10; 09-15-2016 at 03:59 PM.
    megs2917 likes this.
  10. Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  
    Rizwan Basir's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    662 Global Posts

    Default Re: Apple isn't Apple anymore.

    Quote Originally Posted by metllicamilitia View Post
    I've scratched Gorilla glass numerous times, apps freezing or crashing is likely due to developers needing to update their apps, mods huh, Apple gives you an adapter, to each their own. iOS works for me so I'm sticking with iOS. Also, I've been using iOS 10 since deva beta 1, in respect to your updates, you are incorrect. iOS 10 went through beta, as an official global release it has not seen any updates.
    Does it scratch like the Jet Black iPhone?

    And the whole purpose of the beta program was to develop the update to its fullest.

    Apple has to update only 5 or 6 models of their phone line. Android has to update hundreds of models and they still manage to do a better job.
  11. Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  
    Rizwan Basir's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    662 Global Posts

    Default Re: Apple isn't Apple anymore.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    What issues? You have issues? I don't!
    Go to the IOS 10 forums. You'll see.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Apple isn't Apple anymore.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rizwan Basir View Post
    Go to the IOS 10 forums. You'll see.
    I've been on iOS 10 for 2 months. It's all good.
    Tartarus likes this.
  13. #13  
    metllicamilitia's Avatar
    iMore Guru

    Posts
    1,936 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,634 Global Posts

    Default Re: Apple isn't Apple anymore.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rizwan Basir View Post
    Does it scratch like the Jet Black iPhone?

    And the whole purpose of the beta program was to develop the update to its fullest.

    Apple has to update only 5 or 6 models of their phone line. Android has to update hundreds of models and they still manage to do a better job.
    Look man, I get it, you don't like iOS and iPhone. I just have to set a couple more things straight here. Betas are to give to others, usually developers, to run a dedicated beta devices to test and be sure there are no catastrophic failures in functionality. Bricking I know, that's why Apple says to backup your phone before updating, just in case somewhere along the wireless transfer of a large complicated strand of code goes awry. Android updates. Oh boy, Google makes it, then releases it. If you're on a Nexus, congratulations you have it. If not, good luck, the manufacturer has to skin it, then your cell provider has to tinker with it and then release it to you. The simple fact that any non Nexus device gets updated is a miracle in of itself.
  14. Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  
    Rizwan Basir's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    662 Global Posts

    Default Re: Apple isn't Apple anymore.

    Quote Originally Posted by metllicamilitia View Post
    Look man, I get it, you don't like iOS and iPhone. I just have to set a couple more things straight here. Betas are to give to others, usually developers, to run a dedicated beta devices to test and be sure there are no catastrophic failures in functionality. Bricking I know, that's why Apple says to backup your phone before updating, just in case somewhere along the wireless transfer of a large complicated strand of code goes awry. Android updates. Oh boy, Google makes it, then releases it. If you're on a Nexus, congratulations you have it. If not, good luck, the manufacturer has to skin it, then your cell provider has to tinker with it and then release it to you. The simple fact that any non Nexus device gets updated is a miracle in of itself.
    You're right. You really are.

    Look. I'm not an Apple hater. What I really am is a Samsung hater. Theres no other company which I dislike the most. Its the ones you love who make you feel disappointed because you expect a lot out of them. I love Apple. And i always have. I love their hardware.

    But I just wanted to point out some things which I didn't see anyone pointing out on this forum. I don't care if I come off as an Apple hater. Because I know I'm not.

    Apple is at a place where it can do wonders for their consumers. But they don't.
  15. #15  
    Garz's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    5,620 Posts
    Global Posts
    14,548 Global Posts

    Default Re: Apple isn't Apple anymore.

    The original post was too long. I lost interest fast. I also did skim through it. A couple good points but most of it I disagree. But we all have our own opinions and I respect yours.
  16. #16  
    baconman4321's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    8 Posts

    Default Re: Apple isn't Apple anymore.

    Not really concerned about design there are for sure improvements every time they release an update software and hardware but and that's my biggest concern

    Apple releases unfinished products now for two years.

    iPhone 7 plus should have portrait mode out of the box

    Apple Watch watchOS 1 was a joke

    Apple TV was not able to control with my iPhone but with my wife's android phone!

    Apple Music was a Desaster same as google maps.

    I believe that with Steve there was more pressure and now everyone is just mellow and happy family without pressure.
  17. #17  
    SwitchBeach's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,244 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,979 Global Posts

    Default Re: Apple isn't Apple anymore.

    Quote Originally Posted by baconman4321 View Post
    Not really concerned about design there are for sure improvements every time they release an update software and hardware but and that's my biggest concern

    Apple releases unfinished products now for two years.

    iPhone 7 plus should have portrait mode out of the box

    Apple Watch watchOS 1 was a joke

    Apple TV was not able to control with my iPhone but with my wife's android phone!

    Apple Music was a Desaster same as google maps.

    I believe that with Steve there was more pressure and now everyone is just mellow and happy family without pressure.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Just_Me_D and nikkisharif like this.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Apple isn't Apple anymore.

    Quote Originally Posted by baconman4321 View Post
    Not really concerned about design there are for sure improvements every time they release an update software and hardware but and that's my biggest concern

    Apple releases unfinished products now for two years.

    iPhone 7 plus should have portrait mode out of the box

    Apple Watch watchOS 1 was a joke

    Apple TV was not able to control with my iPhone but with my wife's android phone!

    Apple Music was a Desaster same as google maps.

    I believe that with Steve there was more pressure and now everyone is just mellow and happy family without pressure.
    Honestly, I'm glad iPhone 7 Plus shipped without portrait mode. If a software feature isn't ready to ship I'd rather them hold it back temporarily rather than rush things (Note 7) or push back an entire product launch. Apple has a long way to go with services. Apple Music is getting better but still needs work. They should really take some notes from Google.
  19. #19  
    knotsure's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    412 Posts

    Default Re: Apple isn't Apple anymore.

    Fortunately for you, you can resale your iOS device for a good price (another apple advantage over android) and buy yourself exactly what you want. I hope you enjoy whatever device that is. I will also say half of what you said above is hilarious. Android updates are better than iOS updates was one of my favs.

Similar Threads

  1. No iPhone 7 Plus in store at Apple on Friday
    By Garz in forum iPhone 7 Plus
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 09-19-2016, 12:36 PM
  2. Apple Air pods
    By thinblueline029 in forum General Apple News & Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-15-2016, 11:06 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-15-2016, 04:45 AM
  4. Apple Music offline listening on single subscription
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-15-2016, 03:57 AM
  5. Apple Watch Series 2 Unboxing!
    By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-15-2016, 03:22 AM

Posting Permissions