iPhone 6s or iPhone 6 Plus?

sp44

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
I just bought a 6s for a great price but I can probably sell it and get the 6 Plus. Not the 6s Plus though, that's out of my range. I like the size of the Plus is the performance that much better on the 6s? Is it a bad idea to buy a phone that will be 2 years old in a month as far as reliability/longevity?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
The 6s will obviously be slightly faster, take slightly better pictures, and have a slightly longer lifespan. You'll also get 3D Touch which is quite useful in iOS 10 IMO. Would you be buying new? My biggest concern would honestly be the battery. Apple's iPhone batteries are designed to retain 80% of their original capacity for 500 full charge cycles. So if the battery is already two years old you may start seeing degradation sooner than later. If you're buying new (or used with a new battery) then, of course, that's a moot point.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just bought a 6s for a great price but I can probably sell it and get the 6 Plus. Not the 6s Plus though, that's out of my range. I like the size of the Plus is the performance that much better on the 6s? Is it a bad idea to buy a phone that will be 2 years old in a month as far as reliability/longevity?

If the sole reason for you to consider getting an iPhone 6 Plus is its size, I would not recommend you sell your iPhone 6S unless you'll be replacing it with an iPhone 6S Plus or the next 5.5" iPhone. The Plus size is great, in my opinion, but not great enough to downgrade to. I recommend you keep your iPhone 6S and make the best of it.

sp44

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback guys. The 6 Plus I can buy still has Apple Care til November so it was bought new in November 2014. How hard would it be to have Apple replace the battery if it's a little above 80%? I'm not a huge 3D Touch user right now but I may use it more in iOS10 like you said.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
If you really want the bigger screen and better battery life go and get the Plus. If you're happy with the 6s just stick with it :)

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback guys. The 6 Plus I can buy still has Apple Care til November so it was bought new in November 2014. How hard would it be to have Apple replace the battery if it's a little above 80%? I'm not a huge 3D Touch user right now but I may use it more in iOS10 like you said.

I normally agree with @Rob Phillips but in this case, it has Applecare+. It costs $79 to replace the battery so to me, you should. I'm pretty sure that if you wanted to get the 6s+, you can just do a trade in and get a nice discount towards it when the iPhone 7 comes out.

anon(9776449)

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
My first consideration was to buy a normal 6. I needed to upgrade. But I knew that apple was about to introduce the force touch (now 3D Touch) on the iPhone 6s so I waited and I didn't buy the 6, I bought the 6s Plus. Just because of the bigger screen and the 3D Touch. Probably Apple is going to walk around the 3D Touch feature on its iOS updates like we have already seen in iOS 10. And maybe they are going to implement it on the next iOSs. But if you want the bigger iPhone and you don't use 3D Touch on your current 6s, buy the 6 plus.
For me, if I switch for a 6 Plus today I would feel a big difference because of the 3D Touch but it depends on the person. I recommend you to stick with the 6s and then you upgrade to a bigger screen in the future. But it's up to you.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2