Experiences in iPhone

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
So I figured this could be rather interesting. If something similar exists I apologize.

So over this past weekend I was on a mini vacation and my iPhone was my right hand man. It made my experience so much more enjoyable by combining so many of the features baked in as well as some external apps downloaded from the app store. At the end of my trip I enjoyed my phone so much more than previously just after thinking about how it improved my experience. I figured I would share it with you all and encourage you all to share your personal experiences that made you realize how great our devices can be.

I attended the SoundSet Music festival in Minnesota this past weekend. It is about 3 and a half hours away from me and so I first needed to get there. Thats where Siri came in and the hands free Siri activation was great. I simply said, "Siri, take me to the Minnesota State Fairgrounds.". And before you knew it we were on our way.

But I also needed music. "Siri, play Common" (I mean he was one of the artists at the festival. Figured I should get in the mood immediately). And before you knew it I was listening to "I Used To Love HER" by Common as Siri directed me to my destination.

Once I arrived there was so much going on that I needed a way to organize myself and plan out my day. In comes Siri. "Siri, get the Soundset app". And there I was, in the app store, downloading the Soundset application which allowed me to get setlists, activity schedules and other information.

While there I needed memories so the great camera came into play as well as the 4K video shooting. So even now that the festival is over, I can still go back and relive those moments. The ease of accessing the camera right from the lock screen was never more embraced than this weekend.

Facetime allowed me to call some friends and inform them about the awesomeness they were missing out on.

Siri also came in hand when a DJ was spinning a song I had never heard before but enjoyed. "Siri, what song is this?" led me straight to my answer. Love it.

After the festival ended I asked Siri to direct me to my hotel. On the way I remembered I needed to stop at the store for some items. I go in, grab my items, and go to check out. Realizing my wallet is in my backpack, which is in my car...but I've got my iPhone. APPLE PAY. Quick and easy. In and Out.

Siri then reminded me that I was off course and got me back on track.

The next day I visited the Mall of America. Kind of a big mall so I went and downloaded the MOA app, signed into their WiFi network and through their location services I found myself in the app and was able to direct myself to any store or food spot I needed.

After leaving I simply said, "Siri, take me home"

And home I went.

Great experience using a wide variety of features. Really makes me appreciate this technology even more.

Feel free to share your stories. I'd love to read them

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Great experience you had there, and glad to know that Siri can really be useful for more and more of things.
I also love these new technologies, they really ease our daily life and some times our search burdens. But at the other hand, I wonder if all those technologies actually helping us, or making us retarded. Today, it's hard for me to keep a phone number in my memory because for decades, I've relied on phone storages to store my contacts phone numbers, today I'm unable to remember sets of activities because I always rely on Siri to set those activities and to remind me that I need to do this or that once in a particular location. I mean, to me, Siri is kinda replacing part of my brain which is not damage. The question is, why do I allow a virtual machine to entirely control things that I can do by my self? Still I have no answer to that question except for laziness and addiction to easiness and thus technology. Is that a good thing when everyone wants to be healthy physically and mentally?
Since those questions rise up in my mind, I've decided to go Siri free, and force my self to remember what I need to do when I reach a place and not have Siri play that role for me, because the day Internet will collapse, the days Siri will die even for a week, I realize I will be like an ***** when Android folks will look like genius due to the fact that they are not addicted or relying on Siri the way I do.
Don't get me wrong, I enjoy reading your post, and I my self am an Apple fun since ages. But yes, nowadays I watch out what tech should control my life, my brain.
Nice write up... Enjoy your iDevice and the technology that come within it.

DriftSlave

May 22, 2016
Visit site
Totally agree with the notion that phones are creating bad habits among people today.

It's good to question these things, I don't think people inherently want to depend on Siri or other bots to help them with their life to this extent, It makes the person seem even more dependent on the phone...To me the analogy is like doing math with a calculator...not to make things faster but because you absolutely need it.

It's nice to hear what people do though with their device from time to time tho...I don't use my device to that extent...

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Some naysayers rant about how Tech can be a nuisance when on vacation but your story proves that it can also help make your experiences richer and worry free

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Great experience you had there, and glad to know that Siri can really be useful for more and more of things.
I also love these new technologies, they really ease our daily life and some times our search burdens. But at the other hand, I wonder if all those technologies actually helping us, or making us retarded. Today, it's hard for me to keep a phone number in my memory because for decades, I've relied on phone storages to store my contacts phone numbers, today I'm unable to remember sets of activities because I always rely on Siri to set those activities and to remind me that I need to do this or that once in a particular location. I mean, to me, Siri is kinda replacing part of my brain which is not damage. The question is, why do I allow a virtual machine to entirely control things that I can do by my self? Still I have no answer to that question except for laziness and addiction to easiness and thus technology. Is that a good thing when everyone wants to be healthy physically and mentally?
Since those questions rise up in my mind, I've decided to go Siri free, and force my self to remember what I need to do when I reach a place and not have Siri play that role for me, because the day Internet will collapse, the days Siri will die even for a week, I realize I will be like an ***** when Android folks will look like genius due to the fact that they are not addicted or relying on Siri the way I do.
Don't get me wrong, I enjoy reading your post, and I my self am an Apple fun since ages. But yes, nowadays I watch out what tech should control my life, my brain.
Nice write up... Enjoy your iDevice and the technology that come within it.

I'd agree with your point here. For what it's worth, on a day to day I don't use my phone nearly as in depth as I did on this trip. So I'm not completely invested in my technology to the point that it's a hinderance but I can definitely see how that would be a problem. I try to avoid falling down that hole as much as possible. But I'd be lying if I said there wasn't a dependence on tech in my life.

I guess it's all about finding a balance.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro