Does anyone use a screen protector?

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I see what you're saying and while I do use a SP, I still think the devices are built to last. Like a vehicle, if you take care of it you won't have any issues. The main reason I even switch devices is due to changes in tech, not hardware deterioration

Butterfly2

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
I see what you're saying and while I do use a SP, I still think the devices are built to last. Like a vehicle, if you take care of it you won't have any issues. The main reason I even switch devices is due to changes in tech, not hardware deterioration

Same reason I switched...u have a point as well it also depends on the job u do and ur lifestyle if the phones will or can stand the test of time and ur usage of it..I rather not take the chance and slap a gd case and SP on it! Cost too much to walk around with phone looking like it's been to s chop shop and back...imoho

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Call me crazy but I have never used a screen protector and have never had a scratch, and I've owned five generations of iPhones.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Call me crazy but I have never used a screen protector and have never had a scratch, and I've owned five generations of iPhones.

I didn't use them on earlier versions but when my 5 scratched within weeks I've been using them. Didn't have anything in my pocket, could have been something in there ... scratched near the edge. Crystal protector covered it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't use a screen protector. My Otterbox Commuter protects the phone well enough from drops. And I'm not concerned with scratches. It's been almost 9 months, and not one single scratch.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Zagg glass because my screen is protected and it feels like I'm touching the original glass. You can get them in Amazon for $10-12 usually and then warranty for life through Zagg.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I have been looking at screen protectors, I see a lot of glass ones. I bought a case and it came with a plastic film that's peel and stick. Would the glass one be any better protection than the film as far as scratches or dropping the phone goes? Thanks!

Posted via the iMore App for Android
Once you try tempered glass screen protectors, you won't never come back to plastic films.... The difference is night and day.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Once you try tempered glass screen protectors, you won't never come back to plastic films.... The difference is night and day.

Do you have any sources to cite? ;)

On the 6/6s I don't like the glass ones because they don't go to the edge and stick off the screen too far which makes it stand out more to me that it doesn't. Took it off and went back to crystal "plastic" and that's perfect to me.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Do you have any sources to cite? ;)

On the 6/6s I don't like the glass ones because they don't go to the edge and stick off the screen too far which makes it stand out more to me that it doesn't. Took it off and went back to crystal "plastic" and that's perfect to me.

the only "source" I need is my personal experience....

I am not very happy about the glass screen protector not going edge to edge , but I still have to see one properly installed (by me) to stick off the screen.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
the only "source" I need is my personal experience....

I am not very happy about the glass screen protector not going edge to edge , but I still have to see one properly installed (by me) to stick off the screen.
I wanted to like them, and even have 2 Zagg in a drawer (next to @Ledsteplin's Watch) but not going to the edge, and sticking up higher than the crystal/HD films made it something I kept seeing. Combined with a case that covers the edge of the phone,you have a gap between the case and protector. If you get a good crystal/HD film, it pretty much disappears and still feels great.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I wanted to like them, and even have 2 Zagg in a drawer (next to @Ledsteplin's Watch) but not going to the edge, and sticking up higher than the crystal/HD films made it something I kept seeing. Combined with a case that covers the edge of the phone,you have a gap between the case and protector. If you get a good crystal/HD film, it pretty much disappears and still feels great.

understood what you are saying, but I still can't appreciate the feeling of any plastic film....
I used to have HD film installed on my iPhone (until iPhone 5) but never really like them.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods