Does anyone use a screen protector?

Eillasa

May 15, 2016
Visit site
I have been looking at screen protectors, I see a lot of glass ones. I bought a case and it came with a plastic film that's peel and stick. Would the glass one be any better protection than the film as far as scratches or dropping the phone goes? Thanks!

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Butterfly2

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
I use both glass and the regular film.... The glass is OK but once cracked it's a wrap. I been through 3 tempered glass screen protector already! I m on my 4th it's white look just like the front of iPhone... The regular films I have used but barely... I also used the 360 tempered glass privacy screen protector....for the nosey people during my commute or at work!
cca8a3d6fb1e5546dd6caf4ef8652298.jpg
6ecf25400088e2687adfb89287ebb162.jpg
e4fc4ab96e01a2ab4a24106372b24289.jpg
3643d41dd61c8b16467278b4385ee3ec.jpg
f969b1c76be87eff1b15821a968d9080.jpg
18a7cfd64298053e532891389087dbb4.jpg

Butterfly2

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
U r welcome... And yes... When u out u have to turn up the brightness like in direct sunlight... But no one can sneak peeks at ur phone only u can see... Lol the white one does not offer privacy... Just screen protection..

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
U r welcome... Yes gd idea try them out for yourself see which one u like best... Gd luck

Thanks for sharing, that looks very cool!

I use screen protection, really didn't want to be one of the many people I have seen walk around with a cracked screen for their iPhone. I have only tried the glass ones.

Butterfly2

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for sharing, that looks very cool!

I use screen protection, really didn't want to be one of the many people I have seen walk around with a cracked screen for their iPhone. I have only tried the glass ones.

I never had a cracked screen but I guess because I always keep screen protection on... Because god knows I drop my phones often enough! Lol

DriftSlave

May 22, 2016
Visit site
I've used the Spigen Tempered glass on previous phones, me and my friends swear by them.

They are very translucent to you don't need to adjust brightness on your phone really to see through your device tho glare can be a slight issue in very extreme lighting situations.

Before they were very expensive but now it seems you can grab one for less than $20, the quality is the same which is very good. I think if your going to buy a case for your phone, it should be met with a tempered glass screen protector.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I've used as few and right now I'm using a glass one from the dollar store, they all work the same to me. I've never had the holo effect on any of my screens 1.00-30.00 range. Really a screen protector isn't needed

Eillasa

May 15, 2016
Visit site
Just wondered if the screen protector actually helps if dropped. To all who use your screen naked, are you seeing fine scratching from pockets or purses?

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Last edited:

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I prefer the crystal plastic ones to the glass as they're thinner and not as obvious that it doesn't go to the edge (in my opinion). the glass is too distracting to me whereas I don't see the thin plastic ones.
while not a necessity, these screens can scratch, so if that's something you want to avoid, a good protector is a must.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Just wondered if the screen protector actually helps if dropped. To all who use your screen naked, is there any find scratching from pockets or purses?

My 5 scratched early on from being in my pocket, but not with keys or anything. Not sure what caused it. My 4 had no protection. Since the experience with my 5 I always put one on first thing. As for drops, some of the glass ones say they protect your screen that way but I use a case so not a concern.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I use a glass screen protector, but I'm sorry I can't tell you which one. When I got my 6s in December (thanks Santa) I had already ordered a case and glass screen protector. I am HORRIBLE at putting them on, and ruined it. So I went to Radio Shack and found a good one, and the guy there was very kind and put it on for me. It's worked really well!

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I use Zagg glass protectors. I use them more for preventing scratches to my screen than anything else. I am careful with my phone, but on occasion it travels in a pocket with other things, especially when I ride my motorcycle. I do get small scratches on the protector so I can only assume that I would end up with them on my screen if not protected.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I always use a screen protector! I, like robertk328, use the clear/crystal plastic ones. My brand of choice at present is Ringke Invisible Defender. You get 4 in the pack for under 10 bucks if memory serves.

Butterfly2

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Oh u do get scratches when I had note 4 I read same thing on other forums that the screen is durable it won't scratch you don't need the screen protectors....blah blah blah...lies I went without a SP got a scratch from keys in my bag...I m on idevice forums same stuff idevice will not get scratched no SP needed! Wish I had a few of my friends/family phones to show their screens they thought same thing! Now I m dwl....u would think for the large amount of money being charged for these products they would make a phone that is more durable! But that would defeat the purpose....no one would need to get new accessories or phones! But if u look at supply and demand these products r not built to last they r built to deteriorate over time so consumers have to stay buying new accessories or new device because their original crapped out! Money making business!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice