Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 109
Like Tree102Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    Eillasa's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    26 Posts

    Default Does anyone use a battery case?

    I use a battery case. I think that I have battery anxiety Also, my battery is running at 89% per the Batterylife app. These battery cases make my phone heavy.. thinking about having battery replaced.. not covered by Apple Care anymore. Does anyone still use a battery case on their IPhone??

    Posted via the iMore App for Android
  2. #2  
    Ariel Babalao's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    806 Posts

    Default re: Does anyone use a battery case?

    I'm planing to get the Mophie juice pack for my iPhone 6S next month. And in the past, I've always used Mophie with all my iPhone's starting with the 4.
    I like to go days without thinking about battery, and I like the weight of the combo iPhone and bat case, plus it offer huge protection to the iPhone when it fall on concrete some times.
    Eillasa and Butterfly2 like this.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    Eillasa's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    26 Posts

    Default Re: Does anyone use a battery case?

    I heard that Mophie is the best, but not sure why people prefer it over others.

    Posted via the iMore App for Android
  4. #4  
    Ariel Babalao's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    806 Posts

    Default Re: Does anyone use a battery case?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eillasa View Post
    I heard that Mophie is the best, but not sure why people prefer it over others.

    Posted via the iMore App for Android
    Because it is the best out there. Until you try it, you will not know.
    Eillasa likes this.
  5. #5  
    TurboTiger's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,613 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,094 Global Posts

    Default Re: Does anyone use a battery case?

    I had a Mophie case on my 5S for nearly 2 years.
    Worked as expected and it did function as a great case.
    Good Luck.
    Eillasa likes this.
  6. #6  
    libra89's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    512 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,059 Global Posts

    Default Re: Does anyone use a battery case?

    Not really into the bulk they bring unless I must.

    Sent from mTalk
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    Eillasa's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    26 Posts

    Default Re: Does anyone use a battery case?

    Thanks ..will go to Mophie site and read about them...may try them if they have a lighter weight case than I'm using.
  8. #8  
    Garz's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    5,699 Posts
    Global Posts
    14,627 Global Posts

    Default Re: Does anyone use a battery case?

    I use the Apple Smart battery case for my 6s. I don't use a battery case everyday. Just for certain situations. I love this case. Not sure what phone your referring to though.
    Eillasa likes this.
  9. #9  
    BobR1908's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    108 Posts
    Global Posts
    552 Global Posts

    Default Does anyone use a battery case?

    I like the concept but could not deal with the added weight/bulk.

    I have a 6s Plus and the battery life is amazingly good however if I had a 6s which knowingly doesn't compare in terms of battery strength I still don't think I would use a battery case. Just too bulky and heavy for me.
    Eillasa likes this.
  10. Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  
    Eillasa's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    26 Posts

    Default

    I am still using an Iphone 5c until the end of this year. Then I will upgrade myself to the 6s Plus. So, I'm not wanting to spend a bunch of money on my old phone. That is why I am using the battery case and toughing it out. My son said he can change my battery if I'm tired of my heavy battery case.. thinking about it. I should weigh this thing to see how heavy it actually is with this case on it..lol

    Posted via the iMore App for Android
  11. #11  
    DriftSlave's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

    Default Re: Does anyone use a battery case?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eillasa View Post
    I am still using an Iphone 5c until the end of this year. Then I will upgrade myself to the 6s Plus. So, I'm not wanting to spend a bunch of money on my old phone. That is why I am using the battery case and toughing it out. My son said he can change my battery if I'm tired of my heavy battery case.. thinking about it. I should weigh this thing to see how heavy it actually is with this case on it..lol

    Posted via the iMore App for Android
    Wait on the next generation iPhone. The 6S+ has great battery life(my current phone) but if the next phone has comparable battery life then I'd do with that then decide on getting a battery case afterwards.
    Eillasa likes this.
  12. #12  
    Butterfly2's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    453 Posts
    Global Posts
    604 Global Posts

    Default Re: Does anyone use a battery case?

    I have the 6s plus battery is pretty good but I get anxiety attacks when I m out and about and not able to recharge! I have used the mophie charger cases b4 they work very well but just a bit expensive....but we'll worth it!
    Eillasa likes this.
  13. #13  
    DriftSlave's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

    Default Re: Does anyone use a battery case?

    If you decide to get a battery case, don't get apples...you can't toggle turning on/off the battery case itself. Mophie's you can.

    My charging needs get taken care of from my 12000mAh power bank. It fits in my backpack along with other items, and It charges more than just my phone(PS Vita/3DS or my iPad Mini).
    Eillasa likes this.
  14. Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  
    Eillasa's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    26 Posts

    Default Re: Does anyone use a battery case?

    That's good to know about the Apple case not having the switch. I definitely want to be able to turn it on or off. Thx!

    Posted via the iMore App for Android
  15. #15  
    TurboTiger's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,613 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,094 Global Posts

    Default Re: Does anyone use a battery case?

    When using the Apple Battery Case and since it has no on/off toggle, does it kick in immediately or after the iPhone internal battery is low?
    Just curious.
    Good Luck
  16. #16  
    carrickfergus's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    426 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,157 Global Posts

    Default Re: Does anyone use a battery case?

    The case drains first, then the phone battery kicks in. When I use it I never any battery charge on the phone except 100%.
  17. #17  
    BobR1908's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    108 Posts
    Global Posts
    552 Global Posts

    Default Re: Does anyone use a battery case?

    I really cannot imagine using one of these because of the added bulk and weight. In saying that, I understand and respect why others would. However, anyone who needs one of these with a 6s Plus must either have a bad battery or absolutely live and breathe their entire day on their phone because I can be a heavy user on my 6s Plus and never ever risk running dry. LOL
    libra89 likes this.
  18. #18  
    TurboTiger's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,613 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,094 Global Posts

    Default Re: Does anyone use a battery case?

    Quote Originally Posted by carrickfergus View Post
    The case drains first, then the phone battery kicks in. When I use it I never any battery charge on the phone except 100%.
    Tks for the clarification
    Good Luck
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Does anyone use a battery case?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eillasa View Post
    That's good to know about the Apple case not having the switch. I definitely want to be able to turn it on or off. Thx!

    Posted via the iMore App for Android
    Why would you need to turn it off? I have the Apple case and can't think of a reason. iOS manages the case and phone power on its own.



    And the fact it uses the same cord as my phone makes it a lot more convenient.
    carrickfergus likes this.
  20. #20  
    DriftSlave's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

    Default Re: Does anyone use a battery case?

    Quote Originally Posted by robertk328 View Post
    Why would you need to turn it off? I have the Apple case and can't think of a reason. iOS manages the case and phone power on its own.

    And the fact it uses the same cord as my phone makes it a lot more convenient.
    A lot of the the time people want a battery case for the "extra battery" to top off their phone without having to run to a outlet or having the need to plug the phone up to something or leave it stationary for it to charge.

    For you, it might be convenient that the case drains before the phone battery but in practice many people rely on having a case like this as a "safety net" of sorts. Having a toggle imo is just a better design than a always on approach anyways because your not forced into using the case first nor are you put in a situation where you want to take your phone out your case in order to save the battery...because that will devalue the case itself.

    I agree to disagree..is what i'm saying.
    Eillasa likes this.
  21. #21  
    Butterfly2's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    453 Posts
    Global Posts
    604 Global Posts

    Default Does anyone use a battery case?

    I m a heavy user...the line of work I m in I m always on my phone I use it for everything banking working keeping in touch with family all over the world...I read my books newspapers I go on forums u name it I use my phone for it...so my battery is always low...I normally recharge when I get to 15-20% but when I m in the field no where to charge so the battery charger works for me...plus God forbid a power outage...most would b without a phone kinda like when. SANDY happened in NYC a few years ago!!
    Eillasa likes this.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Does anyone use a battery case?

    Quote Originally Posted by DriftSlave View Post
    A lot of the the time people want a battery case for the "extra battery" to top off their phone without having to run to a outlet or having the need to plug the phone up to something or leave it stationary for it to charge.

    For you, it might be convenient that the case drains before the phone battery but in practice many people rely on having a case like this as a "safety net" of sorts. Having a toggle imo is just a better design than a always on approach anyways because your not forced into using the case first nor are you put in a situation where you want to take your phone out your case in order to save the battery...because that will devalue the case itself.

    I agree to disagree..is what i'm saying.
    OK cool, thanks for the clarification.
  23. #23  
    TurboTiger's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,613 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,094 Global Posts

    Default Re: Does anyone use a battery case?

    It's interesting in that Mophie recommends using the iPhone battery first & when it gets down to a certain level to turn on the Mophie.
    I always did the opposite and started with the Mophie on, then when it was out of juice, the iPhone battery was on its own.
    Just my preference.
    Good Luck
    Eillasa likes this.
  24. #24  
    Garz's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    5,699 Posts
    Global Posts
    14,627 Global Posts

    Default Re: Does anyone use a battery case?

    All battery cases have there benefits and I have even tried mophie. I'll list why I decided to go with Apple Smart Battery case.

    1. You can use your lightning cable. Mophie uses a different type of cable.

    2. Apples case is integrated into iOS.

    3. It's all one piece. You don't have to worry about parts breaking or losing a piece.

    4. It not bulky all around the case

    5. Maybe one of the biggest reasons but Apple even integrated a passive antenna into the case so cellular reception doesn't suffer.

    Just my personal thoughts.
    Eillasa and carrickfergus like this.
  25. #25  
    TurboTiger's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,613 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,094 Global Posts

    Default Re: Does anyone use a battery case?

    Quote Originally Posted by Garz View Post
    All battery cases have there benefits and I have even tried mophie. I'll list why I decided to go with Apple Smart Battery case.

    1. You can use your lightning cable. Mophie uses a different type of cable.

    2. Apples case is integrated into iOS.

    3. It's all one piece. You don't have to worry about parts breaking or losing a piece.

    4. It not bulky all around the case

    5. Maybe one of the biggest reasons but Apple even integrated a passive antenna into the case so cellular reception doesn't suffer.

    Just my personal thoughts.
    Great points Garz
    Good Luck
    Eillasa and carrickfergus like this.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-21-2016, 07:12 AM
  2. Can you recommend a case for a 9.7" iPad Pro?
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-20-2016, 11:03 PM
  3. Does the MacBook Air have bad speakers?
    By Malek Yamout in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-20-2016, 09:57 PM
  4. Why does my iPhone 6s Plus have android settings?
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-20-2016, 02:30 PM
  5. The League: a dating app you probably aren't allowed to use
    By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-20-2016, 01:12 PM

Posting Permissions