Does anyone use a battery case?

DriftSlave

May 22, 2016
Visit site
".....but in practice many people rely on having a case like this as a "safety net" of sorts."

Apple placed the "safety net" in your phone instead of in your phone case. Why place yourself in the situation where you have a dead phone but a fully charged phone case - just so you can charge the phone with the case! Battery is going to used up regardless, so long as the phone is turned on, for me, draining the case first makes way more sence.

"because that will devalue the case itself."

I rather NOT devalue my phone BEFORE my case. My phone is way more valuable than my case.

"I agree to disagree..is what i'm saying."

This is the only point we have agreement on ;)
By not giving people the option to toggle it on and off, apple is making the choice for you. I'm not alone in believing that this was indeed flawed design choice. I have my theories to why the chose not to include a switch on the case(to make it as thin as possible). But why didn't they include the toggle in the software? It seems they integrated everything else into the software...I guess it was an oversight.

You took what I meant about the case being devalued out of context, or you did it intentionally.

The case has no value if you don't use it, that's what I meant. If someone has to think about removing the phone from the case in order to prevent it from draining the external battery from it passively then I think that is a problem. Not just for the battery, but for it being a case isn't it isn't being used.

For a lot of people, they want to have the choice to toggle the battery charger. Unbox Therapy, Marques Brownlee, Johnathan Morrison and even iVerge all agree that this case is flawed. A few videos linked below...

I think you meant to say "what" and not "whut". Unless that is just ghetto talk?
It's ghetto talk, forgive me for my awkward slang...

anon(9727728)

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
If you decide to get a battery case, don't get apples...you can't toggle turning on/off the battery case itself. Mophie's you can.

My charging needs get taken care of from my 12000mAh power bank. It fits in my backpack along with other items, and It charges more than just my phone(PS Vita/3DS or my iPad Mini).

Oh my, this advice is just untrue and a poor recommendation. The Apple case is far superior to anything on the market. It is lighter, more comfortable, easier to hold and use, keeps phone charged without having to ever think about it, shows charge as a widget and is much more useable when typing and gaming.

I could tell you how after using Mophie for years I have switched to Apple and am so glad I did for me the best case I have ever had.

But that is my opinion. Instead I urge you to try both for a few days. Decide for yourself I am confident you will choose Apple. I just don't understand the negative reviews not at all accurate.

DriftSlave

May 22, 2016
Visit site

I really can't tell if your serious or not, in the event that you are then...wow....

Well, I won't attempt to give a rebuttal sense it will ultimately fall on deaf ears. I'll just say that If they want to buy a $99 flawed designed battery case, then they can do whatever they like with their money. I suggested what I believe is the best thing to do, if you don't agree then leave it as that. Don't go out of your way saying my recommendations are poor because I don't agree with buying everything apple...I'd rather you ignore my posts if your going to do that.

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I agree. I'm pretty minimalist. I use an Apple leather case and charge up as needed at my desk, car, or home

There are times when that is not a possibility. Weekend Camping, being out and about in a large city, and foreign travel are three instances that come to mind when it comes to battery drain w/o charging access. I use my Apple leather case when I have daily access to my car and home (work is not a possibility since photo phones are not permitted at our desks), which is most of the time. I use my Apple battery case for those afore-mentioned instances. I love its simplicity and performance.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'll just say that If they want to buy a $99 flawed designed battery case, then they can do whatever they like with their money.
Your belief that it's flawed doesn't make it a flawed product :) I knew going into it knowing it couldn't be turned off and that's fine with me. Your needs vary, so thankfully there are options you can choose that are right for you.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
There are times when that is not a possibility. Weekend Camping, being out and about in a large city, and foreign travel are three instances that come to mind when it comes to battery drain w/o charging access. I use my Apple leather case when I have daily access to my car and home (work is not a possibility since photo phones are not permitted at our desks), which is most of the time. I use my Apple battery case for those afore-mentioned instances. I love its simplicity and performance.

With an appropriately sized (meaning power output not physical size) portable battery bank you can charge hour device multiple times more than a typical battery case that is limited in the power output due to size/comfort. Then again you may not be on your phone as much while camping!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Oh I get that, and it's exactly why I keep a power bank around for those circumstances. I feel like it works better for me.

DriftSlave

May 22, 2016
Visit site
No they're not. You still have the choice to buy it or not. If you want a switch, don't buy it :) I'm ok without but can see why some people might.
Okay.....why are you telling me this? You realize that I'm not the one inquiring about battery cases right?

Your belief that it's flawed doesn't make it a flawed product :) I knew going into it knowing it couldn't be turned off and that's fine with me. Your needs vary, so thankfully there are options you can choose that are right for you.

Because you know better right? Look, unpopular opinions aside...The fact that a kickstarter project managed to design a better looking case that is actually thinner and practically has double the battery is embarrassing. It unfortunately doesn't have a a toggle switch which it seems to be the thing your hung up about, the toggle switch isn't the sole reason why it's a flawed design...that along with other bad design decisions are.

Butterfly2

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Dead issue every1 is either for or against battery cases...either u like it or u don't! If a person wants to buy a case instead of walking around with power bank or charger that's their God given right...some of these members the stuff they r saying is like if u go with a charger/battery case u r stupid or something to each his own whether the person go with a battery case or not what's the argument or confusion???! Smdh...the question was "does anyone use a battery case?" And some of the comments r just downright rude!

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Oh I get that, and it's exactly why I keep a power bank around for those circumstances. I feel like it works better for me.
I agree and did use a power bank the last time I was in Italy, but I'm eager to try the Apple Battery Case next time. One less device, one less charger and the ability to get through the day until I get back to the hotel at night. Hotel power outlets, particularly over there, are at a premium. When I used a BlackBerry, I remember carrying an extra battery with me for mid-day changeout (roaming takes an awful toll on battery use).

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Okay.....why are you telling me this? You realize that I'm not the one inquiring about battery cases right?
Totally, but you're posting in a thread about the subject. We are both discussing them so I was discussing with you. My point was you were stating that Apple is making the decision for people to not have a switch but that's not correct because you have the decision to buy or not.

Because you know better right? Look, unpopular opinions aside...The fact that a kickstarter project managed to design a better looking case that is actually thinner and practically has double the battery is embarrassing. It unfortunately doesn't have a a toggle switch which it seems to be the thing your hung up about, the toggle switch isn't the sole reason why it's a flawed design...that along with other bad design decisions are.
I'm not sure why you're getting upset at a differing opinion.

My opinion isn't better, it's just different than yours. I don't think it's flawed but you do. So would I be right in saying it's not a flawed design because that's what I believe? No. I would be right in saying I don't feel it's a flawed design because it's my opinion, just like it's your opinion that it is.

That's all I'll say to you about it. Enjoy your day :)

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Friendly reminder folks.........
[INFO]
P.U.P.P.A.H
(Be Polite, Understanding, Patient, Professional, Attentive and Helpful)

• Be polite. We ask that you keep your language clean and polite.
  • Be understanding and patient. You may be a power user or developer, but the person you?re talking to on the other end may be a complete newbie. Be patient, and provide all details possible if you?re posting about a problem (descriptive thread title always helps).
  • Be a pro. Don?t get into arguments over dumb things. If someone responds in a poor or rude fashion, ignore it. If you notice a pattern of rude or poor behavior from a particular member, report them to our moderators. If you don?t have anything nice to say, don?t say anything at all. In a nutshell, ?think before you post?.
  • Be attentive and helpful. Answer questions in a timely manner when you can, and provide thoughts and suggestions that might lead to the solution of a members? problem.
[/INFO]

nekodog

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
I used the Mophie on my 4s - twice. Each time the case kept breaking apart. The battery aspect worked fine, its the cosmetic aspect that disappointed me. Now I use Lifeproof on my 6. Not only is it a battery case, but its also waterproof, dust proof, etc.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I'm using the (in)famous Apple battery case and I couldn't be happier about it.
Not every single day, but every time I plan to stay on the go for several hours it is very useful and very nicely integrated with iOS.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice