I don't use a battery case. I prefer to keep a portable battery charger in my backpack.
    jenmeow78 likes this.
    05-22-2016 08:55 PM
    If I feel the need for a battery case, I simultaneously feel the need for a different phone. There is no reason an iPhone or anything else should not be able to last a full day of use. Heavy gaming might put a strain on that, but that is an entirely different use case, and I have better things to do with my life.

Battery cases tend to be quite large and add quite a bit of bulk to a device. They make a 6s the size of a 6S Plus, or larger, defeating the purpose of the smaller phone.
    Eillasa likes this.
    05-22-2016 09:59 PM
    There is no reason an iPhone or anything else should not be able to last a full day of use. Heavy gaming might put a strain on that, but that is an entirely different use case, and I have better things to do with my life.
    Everyone uses their phones differently. I'm a heavy user during the day at work. My 6s Plus battery usually lasts through the day but not always. Luckily I have the ability to charge at my desk or in my car if need be.
    05-22-2016 10:10 PM
    All battery cases have there benefits and I have even tried mophie. I'll list why I decided to go with Apple Smart Battery case.

1. You can use your lightning cable. Mophie uses a different type of cable.

2. Apples case is integrated into iOS.

3. It's all one piece. You don't have to worry about parts breaking or losing a piece.

4. It not bulky all around the case

5. Maybe one of the biggest reasons but Apple even integrated a passive antenna into the case so cellular reception doesn't suffer.

Just my personal thoughts.
    I only can agree with the lightning cable being a good design choice. Everything else is very questionable or just very "apple".

point 2. the case being integrated in the OS, that's nice and all but i think that's to make up for the the fact that there is no way in knowing how much battery life the case has otherwise.

point 3. It's all one piece. Lol, whut? The likelihood of either of those two things happening is extremely low. the silicone of the apple case tearing is a higher probability than what your suggesting.

point 4. It's not bulky all around the case. And it's design suffers because of that choice.

point 5. If metal bumpers don't really affect cellular reception, then I'm not seeing battery cases doing that either.

For a $99 retail case, you not getting a case that fully charges your phone from dead and it's only offered for one iphone model. I don't think it's worth it, but I could say the same about most of apples official cases.
    Eillasa and Butterfly2 like this.
    05-23-2016 01:57 AM
    I don't use a battery case. I prefer to keep a portable battery charger in my backpack.
    I've always done that too but there have been times when I didn't have a bag or spare room in pockets to carry a portable charger and lightning cable.
    05-23-2016 04:41 AM
    For a $99 retail case, you not getting a case that fully charges your phone from dead and it's only offered for one iphone model. I don't think it's worth it, but I could say the same about most of apples official cases.
    I love the Apple leather and/or silicone cases maybe that's where the disconnect is
    05-23-2016 04:42 AM
    My power pack is a life saver!
    Eillasa likes this.
    05-23-2016 04:59 AM
    I use the fre power by life proof. I just like the security of knowing I have an extra battery if it is needed
    05-23-2016 05:07 AM
    I use the fre power by life proof. I just like the security of knowing I have an extra battery if it is needed
    What's that never heard of it!
    05-23-2016 06:23 AM
    What's that never heard of it!
    http://www.lifeproof.com/en-us/iphon...apl-iph15.html
    Eillasa likes this.
    05-23-2016 06:27 AM
    I used to have battery cases on my iPhones. Since I started using the 6s Plus I rarely need to charge my iPhone. I decided to get an Anker PowerCore+ instead, which holds up to 26800 mah. I keep it with me at all times, not too pricey and more capacity than a battery case
    Eillasa likes this.
    05-23-2016 06:38 AM
    Thanks devilish Banker....Nope...too bulky for me! But to each his own!
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    05-23-2016 07:14 AM

The mophie juice pack looks bulky but until u see it in person u will think that! It's not at all like the pic!
    Eillasa likes this.
    05-23-2016 07:17 AM
    A lot of the the time people want a battery case for the "extra battery" to top off their phone without having to run to a outlet or having the need to plug the phone up to something or leave it stationary for it to charge.

For you, it might be convenient that the case drains before the phone battery but in practice many people rely on having a case like this as a "safety net" of sorts. Having a toggle imo is just a better design than a always on approach anyways because your not forced into using the case first nor are you put in a situation where you want to take your phone out your case in order to save the battery...because that will devalue the case itself.

I agree to disagree..is what i'm saying.
    05-23-2016 08:12 AM
    ".....but in practice many people rely on having a case like this as a "safety net" of sorts."

Apple placed the "safety net" in your phone instead of in your phone case. Why place yourself in the situation where you have a dead phone but a fully charged phone case - just so you can charge the phone with the case! Battery is going to used up regardless, so long as the phone is turned on, for me, draining the case first makes way more sence.

"because that will devalue the case itself."

I rather NOT devalue my phone BEFORE my case. My phone is way more valuable than my case.

"I agree to disagree..is what i'm saying."

This is the only point we have agreement on
    carrickfergus and Eillasa like this.
    05-23-2016 08:34 AM
    point 3. It's all one piece. Lol, whut?
    I think you meant to say "what" and not "whut". Unless that is just ghetto talk?
    05-23-2016 09:59 AM
    ".....but in practice many people rely on having a case like this as a "safety net" of sorts."

Apple placed the "safety net" in your phone instead of in your phone case. Why place yourself in the situation where you have a dead phone but a fully charged phone case - just so you can charge the phone with the case! Battery is going to used up regardless, so long as the phone is turned on, for me, draining the case first makes way more sence.

"because that will devalue the case itself."

I rather NOT devalue my phone BEFORE my case. My phone is way more valuable than my case.

"I agree to disagree..is what i'm saying."

This is the only point we have agreement on
    By not giving people the option to toggle it on and off, apple is making the choice for you. I'm not alone in believing that this was indeed flawed design choice. I have my theories to why the chose not to include a switch on the case(to make it as thin as possible). But why didn't they include the toggle in the software? It seems they integrated everything else into the software...I guess it was an oversight.

You took what I meant about the case being devalued out of context, or you did it intentionally.

The case has no value if you don't use it, that's what I meant. If someone has to think about removing the phone from the case in order to prevent it from draining the external battery from it passively then I think that is a problem. Not just for the battery, but for it being a case isn't it isn't being used.

For a lot of people, they want to have the choice to toggle the battery charger. Unbox Therapy, Marques Brownlee, Johnathan Morrison and even iVerge all agree that this case is flawed. A few videos linked below...

I think you meant to say "what" and not "whut". Unless that is just ghetto talk?
    It's ghetto talk, forgive me for my awkward slang...
    Eillasa likes this.
    05-23-2016 11:20 AM
    If you decide to get a battery case, don't get apples...you can't toggle turning on/off the battery case itself. Mophie's you can.

My charging needs get taken care of from my 12000mAh power bank. It fits in my backpack along with other items, and It charges more than just my phone(PS Vita/3DS or my iPad Mini).
    Oh my, this advice is just untrue and a poor recommendation. The Apple case is far superior to anything on the market. It is lighter, more comfortable, easier to hold and use, keeps phone charged without having to ever think about it, shows charge as a widget and is much more useable when typing and gaming.

I could tell you how after using Mophie for years I have switched to Apple and am so glad I did for me the best case I have ever had.

But that is my opinion. Instead I urge you to try both for a few days. Decide for yourself I am confident you will choose Apple. I just don't understand the negative reviews not at all accurate.
    carrickfergus and Eillasa like this.
    05-23-2016 11:24 AM
    Thanks devilish Banker....Nope...too bulky for me! But to each his own!
    I agree. I'm pretty minimalist. I use an Apple leather case and charge up as needed at my desk, car, or home
    libra89 and Butterfly2 like this.
    05-23-2016 11:42 AM
    snip
    I really can't tell if your serious or not, in the event that you are then...wow....

Well, I won't attempt to give a rebuttal sense it will ultimately fall on deaf ears. I'll just say that If they want to buy a $99 flawed designed battery case, then they can do whatever they like with their money. I suggested what I believe is the best thing to do, if you don't agree then leave it as that. Don't go out of your way saying my recommendations are poor because I don't agree with buying everything apple...I'd rather you ignore my posts if your going to do that.
    05-23-2016 12:09 PM
    No battery case for me, but I do always have an anker battery pack in my bag.
    05-23-2016 12:28 PM
    It seems like apple isn't the only battery case that uses a Lightning port....RIP.

Does anyone use a battery case?-h26ajlnyzwujbfiypn4h.jpg

https://chargetech.com/product/apple...-battery-case/

Thank Danny Winget for showcasing this in his last video.
    Eillasa likes this.
    05-23-2016 12:47 PM
    By not giving people the option to toggle it on and off, apple is making the choice for you.
    No they're not. You still have the choice to buy it or not. If you want a switch, don't buy it I'm ok without but can see why some people might.
    Eillasa likes this.
    05-23-2016 12:49 PM
    I agree. I'm pretty minimalist. I use an Apple leather case and charge up as needed at my desk, car, or home
    There are times when that is not a possibility. Weekend Camping, being out and about in a large city, and foreign travel are three instances that come to mind when it comes to battery drain w/o charging access. I use my Apple leather case when I have daily access to my car and home (work is not a possibility since photo phones are not permitted at our desks), which is most of the time. I use my Apple battery case for those afore-mentioned instances. I love its simplicity and performance.
    Eillasa likes this.
    05-23-2016 12:50 PM
    I'll just say that If they want to buy a $99 flawed designed battery case, then they can do whatever they like with their money.
    Your belief that it's flawed doesn't make it a flawed product I knew going into it knowing it couldn't be turned off and that's fine with me. Your needs vary, so thankfully there are options you can choose that are right for you.
    Eillasa and user7c like this.
    05-23-2016 12:54 PM
109 1234 ...