iCloud problem with my new iphone

behi09

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
Guys as you can say, i'm new with iphone and ios platform which the problem is, i can't upload my photos & vids to icloud.
Well, for more information icloud photo library is on and down there it says 68 photos uploading but no progress yet, and it is there for 2days.
Btw i should say i'm with ios 9.3.1 with iphone se.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Give it time. And remember, iCloud is not a storage solution for photos. It's a back up option. It backs up what is currently on your phone. So don't delete them off your phone, or they will also delete from iCloud.

behi09

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Give it time. And remember, iCloud is not a storage solution for photos. It's a back up option. It backs up what is currently on your phone. So don't delete them off your phone, or they will also delete from iCloud.

Well thank you. So you mean i can't upload my photos and store them, there?!! I can't use it as secondary storage?! well then why should i buy more storage for icloud?! I mean if it's just for backups even 5gb is already enough.
Whatever, But i think there is some problem with it, cause it couldn't even get my contacts and save them all.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well thank you. So you mean i can't upload my photos and store them, there?!! I can't use it as secondary storage?! well then why should i buy more storage for icloud?! I mean if it's just for backups even 5gb is already enough.
Whatever, But i think there is some problem with it, cause it couldn't even get my contacts and save them all.

You can indeed upload items to iCloud and store them, and once they are uploaded, the content will sync to all of your connected devices. As for your initial post, it may take a good deal of time for your pics to sync to iCloud, especially if you have a lot of them and you're not constantly connected to Wi-Fi.

behi09

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
You can indeed upload items to iCloud and store them, and once they are uploaded, the content will sync to all of your connected devices. As for your initial post, it may take a good deal of time for your pics to sync to iCloud, especially if you have a lot of them and you're not constantly connected to Wi-Fi.

Thank you. But as i said i'm trying to upload these photos and contacts for 2 days (let me say i had around 10 hours wifi connection within this period of time) with no success. Just 10 contacts could pass this gate :(
I don't know what i can do right now, just pls don't suggest me to wait for nothing. :-/

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thank you again, but i have already read this. What do you think, should i contact apple support?

If it hasn't completed I would. I don't use iCloud Photo Library, so I have no idea. But I do know it shouldn't take this long. It wouldn't hurt to give them a call, unless someone here has any ideas. I would turn iCloud Photo Library off, do a hard reset, then try again.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried toggling iCloud Photo Library off. Then a hard reset? Then try again?
Do you have enough storage space in iCloud?

behi09

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
Have you tried toggling iCloud Photo Library off. Then a hard reset? Then try again?
Do you have enough storage space in iCloud?

Yeah i couldn't upload anything except a backup, so it's almost empty.
Toggling icloud photo library didn't help neither. But have not tried a hard reset.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73