Iphone 6s Plus Applecare vs other insurance which is the best? Pros and cons of each?

jujuhammond

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
I just purchased an iPhone 6s Plus. Do I purchase Applecare+ or a third party insurance? I noticed that applecare doesn't cover theft or loss. I am not sure if the third party insurance does. My daughters have the third party and they have been really good about repairs but my girls have never lost their phones so not sure of that coverage.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!

I have never used a third party insurance for any iPhone I have ever owned. This is partly because I have used my credit card to purchase my phones and my CC provider covers me for damage or loss for 2 years. After that the phone is not valuable enough to me to continue paying for coverage. I do purchase Applecare as well but have never had the need to use it. But it is nice to know I have technical support for 2 years if I need it. I am careful to never leave my phone alone, plus I am very careful with my phone.

The one thing Applecare does not cover is loss or theft. So I think this would be the biggest thing to consider in regards to third party insurance. You would have to read all the fine print for any third party insurance to make sure it will fully cover loss or theft and what, if any, kind of deductible there may be associated with it.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Third party does typically cover lost and stolen. Usually it's with a deductible in the range of anywhere from $150-250. AppleCare+ does not offer that protection. I personally went with AppleCare+. *Knocking on wood* I haven't lost a phone but I do want it protected against accidental damage. AppleCare+ offers a better value for that type of protection. If you're worried about lost or stolen I'd say go with some sort of third party. If you're not worried about that then I'd say go with AppleCare+. It's definitely cheaper than everyone else.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77