Best phone you ever had?

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
It's a tie: Nokia Music Xpress 5310 or Nexus 5. The Nexus 5 was my first LTE phone and it was always buttery smooth in operation, as I never updated it to Lollipop. The Music Xpress was a fun little device that I MacGuyver'ed to do all kinds of Nifty things, Like tethering and Video playback. It was also a great running companion due to its pocket-able size and quality music playback. Ultimately, it was more fun to use than the 1st gen Android phone that replaced it.

Another Nokia XpressMusic 5310 fan! Awesome!!! :D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
1. Nexus 4
2. Galaxy S7
3. iPhone 4

I still have all three phones and sometimes I'd pick up my Nexus 4 just to look at it again. If only the battery life and camera wasn't so bad, I would probably still use it today.

tnt4

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
1. Nexus 4
2. Galaxy S7
3. iPhone 4

I still have all three phones and sometimes I'd pick up my Nexus 4 just to look at it again. If only the battery life and camera wasn't so bad, I would probably still use it today.

So, you like a lot of glass? ;) (those are all beautiful devices)

Last edited:

bluegreen1965

May 29, 2015
Visit site
I'm using a 5s now, but nothing can compare to that BlackBerry key click. Still miss my 9900 and Z30, but still have them just in case!

tnt4

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
This is going to sound odd... But my favorite phones are as follows:

1) Galaxy S5
2) iPhone 5S
3) LG G2

I used all three of those during a time period with a lot of great memories and life experiences with my family - plus some incredible photos (the S5 took incredible shots in good light). I tend to get attached to "stuff" that has "experienced" life with us... so there you go.

Strictly from a geeky device perspective, I'd have to go with the S7 & 6S.

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Man......

Because of this thread, I went out and used my upgrade to get a 6s Plus. I'm currently using a SE and love it, but want to give the Plus a shot because of the good reviews it's getting here.

anon(5928073)

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Man......

Because of this thread, I went out and used my upgrade to get a 6s Plus. I'm currently using a SE and love it, but want to give the Plus a shot because of the good reviews it's getting here.

Feel free to toss whichever phone you don't want to keep my way , I'll take good care of it. Promise!

mckillio

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
1. Blackberry Z10 - Best OS I've ever used (relative to the tech at the time), best software keyboard ever, hub was amazing, loved the live apps and it seemed very modular for future updates. Oh what could have been.
2. Blackberry Curve 8900 - This thing was a workhorse for me and was my longest serving phone, if I could have put LTE into it somehow I would have.
3. Galaxy S5 - So much better than my current S6

Ariza16

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I had actually gotten the first iPhone when they came out, but sold it because i did not like it. My favorite phone would be the iPhone 4 i bought from a friend after my blackberry broke, and that's when i started just buying iPhones from there on. other favorites include

-Blackberry Curve 8900
-Blackberry Storm

codygard

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
The best phone I've ever had is easily my current iPhone 6S. Second would be my iPhone 5S. And third would be the Motorola Razr. That was the best flip phone ever!

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Man......

quick tip for 1 handed used, you can double tap the home button (NOT press, just tap it) to bring down the top half of your display for easy access.

wezra

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
By far the best phones I have had were the Blackberry 9000 series phones. They were built like tanks and no one has ever equaled the keyboard. Very sad that they lost their way and didn't keep up with the consumer demand for phones that had a dual purpose... business and social. Honestly, I would give up some screen space on my iPhone 6s for that Blackberry keyboard. The PRIV is way to large and bulky for me... plus, it Android and I am not an Android person. So not a good fit for me.

jazson

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Black Berry 9900. Loved that phone. Email and BBM were awesome. The Moto razor was pretty cool as well. Ohhh the memories!!

Went to the 4s then gave android a try with the Galaxy S4 then the S5. Came back to apple with the iPhone 6. Now I'm loving the 6s.

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
All time favourite BlackBerry 9900

-Call clarity
-Stamina
-Signal strength
-Mail / text message handling
-Design
-BEST notification for loud environments

I think the world should observe one day a year where we activate and use our old BlackBerry devices.:rotfl:

I agree with you...best communication device ever!

OK, now mine.

BlackBerry 9900
BlackBerry Classic (BB10 with the Hub could have been something special)
My current iPhone 6s Plus...ok and a 4th
Motorola Star-Tac

dfb8085

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I agree with you...best communication device ever!

OK, now mine.

BlackBerry 9900
BlackBerry Classic (BB10 with the Hub could have been something special)
My current iPhone 6s Plus...ok and a 4th
Motorola Star-Tac

Key word here is Communication device

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Let's not forget the awesome led lights for notifications and unbelievable Blackberry leather sleeve! Loved the 9900!!!

You guys made me bust out my 100% restored 9900 lol! Here it is next to my SE.
bbad67c1eda32d7a6589f0311e502c1e.jpg

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'd say it's my current 6s Plus or the Nexus 5. I love both of these phones. They're the only phones in the last few years that I've made it past the three month mark with!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro