When to charge/discharge iPhone battery?

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I have seen conflicting things on charging the battery on an iPhone and I want to know which is right and/or best?

I read in a few places that draining the battery to the end on a regular basis is bad. I understand this but on the other hand, I have also read that if you keep charging your iPhone at 30% or so, the phone would start to act like it is dying at that percentage because it got used to it being charged at that percentage.

I would like to know what you do and also what is best. So far, I have been putting my SE on the charger when it is either in the low thirties or at 20%.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Apple's lithium batteries are much more sophisticated than that and aren't subject to battery memory.
Charge your iPhone when it's convenient and don't be concerned with partial charges.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thank you both! I'll continue to charge it at those points then.

I usually charge mine when I get the first notice at 20%. No particular reason other than habit. I started that because when I would run it down farther, I would forget and it would cut off in the middle of something important. LOL

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I have seen conflicting things on charging the battery on an iPhone and I want to know which is right and/or best?

I read in a few places that draining the battery to the end on a regular basis is bad. I understand this but on the other hand, I have also read that if you keep charging your iPhone at 30% or so, the phone would start to act like it is dying at that percentage because it got used to it being charged at that percentage.

I would like to know what you do and also what is best. So far, I have been putting my SE on the charger when it is either in the low thirties or at 20%.

I missed this thread somehow. At any rate, here is a really good article. Scroll down to the section for Lithium-Ion: How to make your phone's battery last longer: condition it properly | Reviews, news, tips, and tricks | dotTechdotTech