Who uses a passcode on their phone?

Stan Jackson

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Its crazy, I have two female coworkers, one has a 5s the other a 6. Neither one uses touch ID!! That was one of the straws pulling me in to get a iPhone. I rarely use the pincode; maybe 20% of the time. Touch ID is the ****, just saying

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I use Touch ID and 6 digit passcode. Prior to having a 6S+ and 5S I never locked any of my iPhone's because I just didn't want to be bother typing I. A code very 2 seconds I needed to access my phone. Now, I'd never go without it. Touch ID is a dream ! Although as a few of you mentioned, when my fingers are either too dried out or to moist from washing my hands it doesn't always register.

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I found a old Otterboxe Defender from my iPhone 5 days and put it on my SE. I forgot to notice that the OB covers the home button (touch ID) and tried to go without the touch ID.....that lasted about 20 minutes lol.

I have found that in the short time I've had the SE, I rely heavily on touch ID and don't think I could go without it!?

Touch ID is such an awesome feature and to be honest, this is the first time I've ever used it!

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Touch ID and 6 digit passcode. Passcode provides another convenient way in if for whatever reason Touch ID has a hard time. Its pretty much required for me. I work in IT.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Its crazy, I have two female coworkers, one has a 5s the other a 6. Neither one uses touch ID!! That was one of the straws pulling me in to get a iPhone. I rarely use the pincode; maybe 20% of the time. Touch ID is the ****, just saying
My wife initially was reticent to accept the idea of TouchID, coming from Samsung's phones. I literally forced her to try it for a week and now she can't go without it.

Ricktye

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
Not sure your point? It's correct though, you need a code as backup to Touch ID. :)
Simply that you can't use Touch ID without a pass code. Everyone that said they use Touch ID must of necessity also use/have a pass code. The original question was do you use a pass code?

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site

I don't use Touch ID either, only the passcode. I'm just fine with typing, and I have been using an iphone for a month and some days now.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Who dose not use one. With all the information on your phone you should be using the strongest one possible.

There are people like my mom who don't see the point, but I do agree. The idea of someone picking up my phone and going through my emails and social media makes me twitch.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Prior to Touch ID I didn't. It was just another step to get into my phone and I wasn't patient enough for it, lol. But ever since Touch ID I have a passcode on my phone (because it's required). I enjoy the security and Touch ID makes it convenient.

maflynn

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
I use a passcode (and touchid). Since I get work emails, the group policies are such that I'm prompted for a passcode.

My kids use passcodes as does my wife. In this day and age, I think we all agree its needed.

taonari

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
I use TouchID and have both thumbs and right index registered. Only time I use a passcode is if I have restarted the device or if it is an iOS device that I haven't used for a few days.