Warranties for iphone? What do you choose?

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I'm interested in a warranty for my next iphone. I just don't know what would be the best choice for someone like me.

I read an article by Rene about them, but I'll like to know what you all do. As for me, I love the unlocked route, so carrier warranties are out. I'm torn between SquareTrade and AppleCare+ . The nearest Apple Store is 40 minutes away, so I'm not sure how convenient that would be for me. Squaretrade seems to be better, but I just don't know. I'll like to keep the SE for 2 years, preferably 3 or so, since Apple products seem to have that endurance.

My biggest concern is having parts and labor available to fix my phone, and accidental damage protection. I always have a case and screen protector on but still. I'll like to know your experiences and what you have or do for your iPhones.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't purchase anything extra beyond the 1 year Applecare warranty. I've been using an iPhone for over 4 years and never damaged one so far. I always use a max protective case such as the Otterbox.

vjh425

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I haven't bought an extended warranty on any of my Apple products since 2007 because I haven't seen the need, but if I were to get one, I would go with AppleCare+ because I'd rather go to the store than mail my phone in and wait for days or weeks and/or worry about it getting lost.

The closest Apple Store is about 40 minutes away for me as well.

Slammed925

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm at 40 minutes away too, first I went squaretrade since they warranty a TV I bought. But then on my pre-order I went with Applecare and canceled St. Easier to deal with Apple directly I feel on this one and can provide a new phone asap.

I had a family plan ST deal, but I got mixed reviews if they'd cover my existing phone since I don't have a receipt as it was a gift...

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Thank you everyone, I'm probably going to go with AppleCare+. It sounds like it is very convenient, even though the closest Apple Store is 40 minutes away with traffic.

It also seems like I can get my battery changed too, if there's a need. I was told that I have 60 days to purchase it after buying it, which sounds great to me.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I bought Apple care + for my iPhone 6S plus. I paid ?789 for my phone so it didn't make sense for me not to buy some kind of protection for it.

johndill17

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I never get Apple Care for iPhone. There is already a 1-year warranty for the phone's functionality. Authorized screen repairs are (relatively) inexpensive these days. Why get Apple Care?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I never get Apple Care for iPhone. There is already a 1-year warranty for the phone's functionality. Authorized screen repairs are (relatively) inexpensive these days. Why get Apple Care?

It covers a good bit more than the standard 1 year warranty. All that covers are manufacturing defects.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2