Should I switch from an iPhone 6 to the 6s Plus?

Nick DeJohn Jr

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm thinking of switching to the iPhone 6s Plus to get the bigger phone but I don't know if I should wait for the iPhone 7 or just switch to the 6s Plus. I have an upgrade that I can use on my account.

Any thoughts?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Do what you feel is in your best interest, but realize that you can't have it both ways. Either pick the iPhone 6S Plus now or wait for the next flagship iPhone to probably be released this coming fall. Make a decision because it's your purchase decision, and not ours.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
The 6S Plus is a great device. I made the switch from the 6 to the Plus mainly because of the screen size and unbelievable battery life. The iPhone 7 won't be out until September ish.

If you have extra cash and plan on getting the 7 even after you have upgraded to the 6S Plus, why not?

If you want more of an upgrade wait for the 7.

:)

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I am currently using the iPhone 6. Stayed away from the Plus initially because the size was a bit intimidating. Smaller hands. Was worried about fitting in my pocket and using it one handed. Well my next one will be the 7 Plus. I have now had lots of time with the 6 and have found that most of my initial concern were unfounded. But age is taking its toll on my sight and the Plus will make it easier for me to see things.

Personally I would wait for the launch of the 7. Yeah, I would like to have a Plus now, but am on the 6,7,8, etc. cycle. It is only several months away and why not have the latest and greatest. The 6s Plus will last you a long time, but be patient. I am sure the 7 will have some nice added features that down the road you you will not regret having. Good luck with whatever decision you make.

llfloyd79

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Get the 6S Plus. I wouldn't wait. You talking about almost 7 months away for the iPhone 7 release. Get what you want now. Also depending on your carrier, you can probably upgrade again when the 7 comes out.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
If you can wait, it might be best. At least to see what Apple has to offer with the 7. If you're debating then you're probably somewhat interested in what they might reveal. And it would suck to upgrade now, only for them to release the 7 with a feature you'd love to have but you're not in a position to purchase. So if you're able to wait, I'd probably wait. Then you could make the best decision for you with both products in hand.

CrzyP

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm actually throwing around this idea too. I'm a T-Mobile subscriber and added the Jump upgrade to my plan in March 2015 when I bought the 6. So now I'm eligible to upgrade. I think I should upgrade because the 6s supports T-Mobile's low bad frequency, which the 6 does not. Now I'm just wondering if I should go with the 6s or the 6s plus.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I'm actually throwing around this idea too. I'm a T-Mobile subscriber and added the Jump upgrade to my plan in March 2015 when I bought the 6. So now I'm eligible to upgrade. I think I should upgrade because the 6s supports T-Mobile's low bad frequency, which the 6 does not. Now I'm just wondering if I should go with the 6s or the 6s plus.

Plus :) in space grey

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm thinking of switching to the iPhone 6s Plus to get the bigger phone but I don't know if I should wait for the iPhone 7 or just switch to the 6s Plus. I have an upgrade that I can use on my account.

Any thoughts?

The great Peter Cohen once said "If you have to ask, the answer is to wait"

I know it's 6+ (lol) months, but the 7 should probably be worth it.

robstunner

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Get the s+ only if you do a payment plan, if the 7 comes out and you want it sell the 6s+ and get the 7.

The payment plan is the better option? That really never the case. If you can afford it then get it outright. If you wanna save a few hundred get one on swappa.com like i did. (I got a 6s with smart battery case for $615 instead of $910MSRP) The Apple payment plan is a decent option however its a HARD CREDIT PULL, opens a line of credit, and it wont let you upgrade until you made 12 payments. Monthly plans are always the worse options because it's literally throwing an $850 phone on a credit card with a sub 1% financing fee.

CrzyP

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
The great Peter Cohen once said "If you have to ask, the answer is to wait"

I know it's 6+ (lol) months, but the 7 should probably be worth it.

Haha. There is no doubt that I should upgrade to the "s" version. It's the most compatible with T-Mobile's network. It's whether to go bigger or not.

SkydiverTilt

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I've gotten smart and have my cycle start exactly 40 days after each release.

Usually all the bugs are flushed out by then (at least we know of them) and you can typically pick your size and color freely without feeling like you are compromising.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
The payment plan is the better option? That really never the case. If you can afford it then get it outright. If you wanna save a few hundred get one on swappa.com like i did. (I got a 6s with smart battery case for $615 instead of $910MSRP) The Apple payment plan is a decent option however its a HARD CREDIT PULL, opens a line of credit, and it wont let you upgrade until you made 12 payments. Monthly plans are always the worse options because it's literally throwing an $850 phone on a credit card with a sub 1% financing fee.

Do the one through the carrier it's a better deal. Apple payment plan is horrible. Op could get a carrier payment plan trade it in after a few months or sell it then pay off the balance. After doing the math of my monthly payments I ended up paying less than what I would have if I had paid full price(for my note 4 and i walked off with 70 extra).

SkydiverTilt

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
False...Apple trade in program is about $1-2 a month cheaper than carrier plans plus you get AppleCare+ free ($120 value). Phone also comes unlocked. It's a no brainer.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
False...Apple trade in program is about $1-2 a month cheaper than carrier plans plus you get AppleCare+ free ($120 value). Phone also comes unlocked. It's a no brainer.

Both wrong, for a 128 s+ 44 for apple 39 for att. Even with the 5 gone for 24 months of apple care it's still 39. But carriers allow you the chance to get rid of a phone and you're not locked in like with apple. It's only good if you're a die hard apple fan.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Not quite. The $129 AppleCare+ is definitely built into the monthly payment. I have two iPhones on Apple's plan. It's more expensive than carrier plans but I'm an AppleCare fan and don't like being tied to a particular carrier.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Any thoughts?

If only we knew more about the iPhone 7. So far rumors have been sporadic and unreliable. The iPhone 7 could be either an incremental improvement or a game changer.
Just get the 6s Plus. You can always get a 7s in 2017.

jianrong

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
I am on 6 plus 64gb. I do have thought about upgrading to 6s plus 128gb. But mine an jailbreak IOS 8 which pretty cool to give up now. The jailbreak really took a long time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh