New guy on the block OR Siri won't check reminders or alarms

HinoMusouka

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm a new guy to this forum and to the Apple ecosystem. I've had an iPod touch 4th gen and corporate iPhone 4, but I didn't really use them for things other than listening to music and checking email. This time, exhausted by Microsoft's behaviour on Windows Phone platform, I left my Lumia 930 in the drawer and bought 6S Plus. I am discovering a lot of new apps and finally feel like I was participating in what the Internet has to offer. It's a nice feeling - Google apps (missing in WP) seem really helpful - I'm just blasted by Google Maps getting me nearest bus stops and their departure times.

However, not everything is that rose gold. I am having constant issues with syncing my playlist from iCloud Music library and what's more unpleasant, Siri won't check my reminders or alarms, or sometimes even mail. Only restarts seem to help and that's even valid for half an hour or even five minutes until Siri again loses those capabilities.

Since it's a new phone I've already talked to Apple Support and when through a lot of things to try, including restoring iOS with iTunes and starting completely fresh. This hasn't helped though. I should be getting call from some advanced support engineer this evening to talk some more about this issue, so my question isn't really what to try next, but how do you find experience with Siri on iOS? Do you use Outlook or any external accounts or even apps for Mail/Contacts/Tasks/Reminders? Does Siri work well for you?

I come from Windows Phone, so something not working or missing is not a deterrent for me. And I understand "it just works" is a slogan, not a real product I'm buying. Maybe it's just stupid of me to expect that even though the iPhone is expensive and the platform is quite mature, this is just software and bugs will happen, it's not magic, even if it has Apple logo on it. I just wonder if my move was the correct one. Any opinion or history from your first experiences with the platform could be very soothing or informative.

And if I'm like the thousandth guy asking the same just point me to the right thread. Thanks in advance.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what to tell, except that Siri works well for "me", and I use it quite often. It works for me in regard to setting and disabling alarms, reminders, calendar events, directions, sports scores, and more. I also subscribe to Music, and ALL of my music that's stored via iCloud Music Library are present and each of my numerous playlists plays my songs in order and without a problem. Having said that, the iPhone is expensive to some people and iOS is arguably a mature operating system, but that doesn't mean that either is for everyone. In regard to the customer used slogan, "it just works", that's a true statement for many of us, but not all of us. Maybe it's not for you, and that's okay. Android and Blackberry are options to consider as well.

HinoMusouka

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
Well, Just_Me_D, just to let you know - iOS 9.3 fixed every problem I had with Siri. The support guy from Apple went mute so strangely without acknowledging it, but at least I don't have the problem any more. Since 9.3 I upgraded to 9.3.1 and still Siri finally does everything it would refuse to do while on 9.2.x.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, Just_Me_D, just to let you know - iOS 9.3 fixed every problem I had with Siri. The support guy from Apple went mute so strangely without acknowledging it, but at least I don't have the problem any more. Since 9.3 I upgraded to 9.3.1 and still Siri finally does everything it would refuse to do while on 9.2.x.

Excellent, and thank you for the update.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73