Battery Care

klam28

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
Ever since I received my iPhone 6 a year ago, I've been reluctant to leave it plugged in overnight. I've always feared that this harms the battery. While I'm not sure if this practice prolongs my battery's health, can anyone tell me how they prolong their battery's lifespan? Thanks!

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Basically, the 'experts' seem to say that the best way to prolong the lifespan is to not let it drop to zero and shut off.

However, I leave mine on my nightstand charging overnight and haven't noticed any battery degradation since I got it (iPhone 6 purchased on day one).

klam28

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
Basically, the 'experts' seem to say that the best way to prolong the lifespan is to not let it drop to zero and shut off.

However, I leave mine on my nightstand charging overnight and haven't noticed any battery degradation since I got it (iPhone 6 purchased on day one).

Interesting, thank you for the feedback!

For what it's worth, I've been using the app, BatteryLife to monitor my battery's health. It reports that my battery now holds 86% of it's original charge capacity. Seems as though my methods haven't been too influential on preserving its lifespan.. Hah.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR