Posted this in the ATT section, thought i would get some more eyes on it here.
I was having some weird microcell connection issues and then it stopped connecting all together.
I tried the usual flip to airplane back and forth and when that didn't work I rebooted my 6+.
Still nothing, so I deactivated and then reactivated the microcell and also reboot my phone. Still. Nothing.
So I was in the settings app and looked at the cellular menu and disabled LTE. It connected. So then I enabled LTE and it disconnected again. Next step was selecting data over Lte only. It connected. I then re enabled the "voice and data" option and the microcell stayed connected.
No idea what wasn't jiving correctly with each other, but just wanted to put it out there what fixed my situation. Maybe it helps someone else.