Anyone using both Iphone and Android?

anon(5061193)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I love smartphones, I get almost every new one that hits the market and always ready for the "Next Big Thing"... I keep the phone for a few weeks or month and then return it, sell it, or somehow recoup my investment.

No matter what phone I am currently playing with, My Iphone 6+ is always with me. The thought of not having it is scary. I mention this because on the Android Central Forums, people are always talking about this phone or that phone and how Awesome/Terrible it is. but so many of them also keep an iphone in their arsenal.... I am wondering if the Imore forum people keep a "android" around as a backup phone?

I think that Apple fans are more invested in Apple than Android fans are invested in Android..

Love to hear your thoughts

Thanks

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've used them all at some point in time, but for the last 4+ years, it's been all iPhone for me and that trend will continue...:).

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
My daily carry is an iPhone 6s Plus, but my team is responsible to test devices for comaptabilty with our infrastructure so at any given moment I could also have an Android device in my pocket or even a Windows Mobile device.

But I rarely move my SIM out of my iPhone. :)

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Since moving to the iPhone I just keep an LG flip phone programmed with all my contacts as a backup phone because I can't remember numbers anymore and it would only be a short temp use in case of lost or stolen damage

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I use a iPhone 6s Plus & a S6 Edge Plus. I carry the phone with me most of the time, but i like to switch it up sometimes, depending on my mood.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I've used both ... as well as BB10. I've given Android many many tries and have never taken to it. I found so many bugs in it that I just end up giving up on it after some time. Apple isn't without fault but for me, it's a much better overall experience.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I don't use android anymore but I had a 2.5 year period when I did use android devices, however I always kept an iOS device in that time e.g an iPad or iPod touch and I kept my Apple TV all the way through. Now I'm exclusively using iOS. I have an iPhone, 2 iPads, the Apple Watch, a MacBook Air and an Apple TV. Since I have so many apple devices if doesn't really make any sense to have an android device as it doesn't fit into my ecosystem and doesn't offer me anything different.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
My work supplied phone is a Xperia Z3 Compact, and I've used many androids over the years - from the first Galaxy S to the One Plus One and HTC M8. On top of that I've had several webos devices and many BBOS and BB10. I always ended up back on an iPhone for my personal device and I've always had an apple device of some sort starting with old nano's to the first Touch.

Now I'm all in on Apple. I have a 6S Plus, iPod Touch 5th gen, an old shuffle, iPad Air 2 cellular, bought a used MacBook Pro and am getting an Apple Watch for Christmas.

scagle7

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
I am the same. I have had every iPhone that has came out. I go to android every year to play and end up returning it or selling and going back to what I love best, and that's iOS. Androids are cool and fun to play with. But at the end of the day I can admit I am a apple fan boy lol!

john_v

Apr 20, 2010
www.vinniesphotos.blogspot.com
I don't really use smartphones, I'm just here to troll people

(I kid, I kid)

I don't currently have an Android device to go along with my 6S and iPad Air 2, but in the last few years I've used Galaxy S3, S4, (wife currently has an S5) Note 2, Note 3, Note Edge, Nexus 5, BlackBerry Z10, Q10, Z30, Nokia 920 and 1520, and iPhone 5, 5s, and 6+. I wouldn't mind having an Android as a "side device"; it would probably be a Nexus device or Moto Pure.

So far the 6S has been nothing but solid for me so I'm all in on iOS for the foreseeable future

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
It is inconvenient for me to change my phone often. I depend on it daily for "phone" things. I do have an old Moto X with Lollipop on it that I turn on frequently to see what?s up in the Android world, but my daily driver is an iPhone 6s, and I may only change it if the iPhone 7 is even more awesome.

mayconvert

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I love smartphones, I get almost every new one that hits the market and always ready for the "Next Big Thing"... I keep the phone for a few weeks or month and then return it, sell it, or somehow recoup my investment.

No matter what phone I am currently playing with, My Iphone 6+ is always with me. The thought of not having it is scary. I mention this because on the Android Central Forums, people are always talking about this phone or that phone and how Awesome/Terrible it is. but so many of them also keep an iphone in their arsenal.... I am wondering if the Imore forum people keep a "android" around as a backup phone?

I think that Apple fans are more invested in Apple than Android fans are invested in Android..

Love to hear your thoughts

Thanks

I do this exact same thing. I return the suckie ones after 14 days. Stuff like the S6 Edge, I kept for 6 months before selling it. and I sold it to get the Note 5. Note 5 is awesome to say the least. but, I still Love my iOS as well and I have an iMac so it gels better with iPhone.

I will sell Note 5 when S7 hits, and sell the S7 when the Note 6 hits. But, I may also pick up a stray at any time between those if I find someting worth having. The Nexus 6P, imo, is garbage and LG and Moto don't have anything worth buying (or that will hold any value at all for resale)
Sony phones aren't sold in the US (for AT&T other than on amazon) and cost too much to buy at full retail.

I like to do a Next 12 and keep the phone for around 6 months, then give it the boot.
but iPhone is always in my list. I love having both. I also have a Microsoft Lumia just for kicks.

I love all phones and operating systems. Not going to be a sheep or a loyalist to one name brand.
I have never received a check from Apple*, microsoft, or google because I chose their phone.
I really want to try the Ubuntu phone too. but its seems DOA.

Currently I have iPhone 6 64GB and Note 5 64GB and Microsoft Lumia 640 ( have some others laying around as well, older, note 3, Nokia 1520 etc)

iOS is smooth but boring.
Android customization is the bomb, but isn't as smooth as iOS.
Windows Phone is dead, but I do LOVE live tiles and the OS. Sadly, there are zero apps to go with it..... I really really wanted WP to make it.... sadface...

lift

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I just came to iPhone from BlackBerry. Sadly BlackBerry looks like they will be moving to android phones from now on and I hate android. Sold all my BlackBerry phones and bought my iPhone 6s+ and I really like it a lot. I also bought an iPad mini 2 and really like that also. Guess it's all Apple from now on for me.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Up until the release of the iPhone 6, I used both an Android phone and an iPhone daily. I had the Android device as it had a larger screen and I needed to read a lot of text for work; the iPhone 5s was my personal device. I had an HTC One, Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4 and Note 3 at various points alongside my succession of iPhones (i've owned every one since the first iPhone in 2007).

However, with the advent of the larger screened iPhone 6/6+, I sought to consolidate my ecosystem into one device and now just use the iPhone.

All my Android devices, with the exception of the HTC One which was bullet-proof, failed at some point; in one case, catastrophically, costing me over ?1500 (a long story which is well documented on here if you can be bothered to find it; I can't).

The decision was pretty clear to me; either stick with an ecosystem that is fundamentally flawed and gave me a less than stellar user experience or go with an ecosystem that did what I needed it to do, without fuss and with 100% reliability, so I chose Apple.

Of course, my experience is not indicative of everyone's experience and I do not wish to denigrate anyone who is happy with their Android device. As with a lot of things in life, personal experience colours our perceptions and for me, Android just does not cut it for what I need it for.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I have several phones that I use everyday.

Note 4
Note Edge
iPhone 6+
iPhone 6S+
iPhone 6S being delivered today

The two Android phones have been the best Android phones I have ever used. I like some of the features on them and wish my iPhone could some of those things just as there are some things my iPhones do that I wish the Androids could do.

I'm sure I will continue using both platforms in the future. I just haven't really gone out researching any newer Android phones and really haven't been interested in doing so at least for now. Right now, I am all about the iPhone. I love where Apple is going with them.

I was even a moderator on Android Central for a few months this year.