Heading back to 4.7 land

SkydiverTilt

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I think I'm going back to the 4.7. I had a 6 then moved to the 6S+ but I believe when the 7 releases I'm back to the 4.7" screen for the following reasons:

1. The battery life isn't nearly as impressive as these blogs and articles led it to be. Barely better than my 6. Now granted the S has a smaller battery in both devices due to the Taptic motor but still. I was expecting this great battery life here.

2. Screen is bright and nice but not all that noticeable.

3. This thing is heavy. I pick up my 6 and it feels like a feather. Okay, granted again the S models have the heavier aluminum but man does this thing feel like a brick on long telecoms.

4. I'm 6'3" so one handed use is possible but way easier (obviously) on the smaller phone and I miss it.

5. I thought gaming was going to be heads and tails better but the gains are minimal (real gaming mind you...OaC1&2,Bauldur's Gate 1&2, KOTOR, Modern Combat..etc...

6. The horizontal keyboard is just as much of a pain on the 5.5 as the 4.7. Admittedly though the vertical keyboard is much nicer to use than any previous phone.

7. Any wallet case (except open face back card only) makes the phone look like a chick's wallet.

Things I'd miss:
1. Just an awesome reader.
2. Watching movies/TV
3. Vertical keyboard spacing

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I went from the iPhone 6plus to an iPhone 6s. I do miss the larger screen but overall I am very happy with the smaller 6s. I don't do a lot of gaming but I do watch basketball and football games on it, and it works fine for me. I think I will try to hold out until the "7s" comes out, if that is what it will be called.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
A chick's Wallet. That's humorous

I agree that the plus is big for daily use but in the end it's a personal decision that each one of us have to make for ourselves

I personally am hoping the 4" rumor is true so I can upgrade my 5s

GusHerb94

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I pretty much agree with all your points. Around 5" is the perfect size for me. I tried a bunch of 5.5-5.7" phones recently and while I loved it I didn't really feel any magical improvement in usability having a larger screen, unlike moving from 3.5 to 4" and 4" to 4.7. In fact moving back to my 6 I barely noticed the downsize in screen, but did notice the great improvement in ergonomics.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I pretty much agree with all your points. Around 5" is the perfect size for me. I tried a bunch of 5.5-5.7" phones recently and while I loved it I didn't really feel any magical improvement in usability having a larger screen, unlike moving from 3.5 to 4" and 4" to 4.7. In fact moving back to my 6 I barely noticed the downsize in screen, but did notice the great improvement in ergonomics.

I'm using a 6s Plus and my wife's 6s looks TINY to me. I was using it last night and I just couldn't get used to how small it looked and felt. I can't argue the difference from an ergonomics standpoint though. I'm fine with the size of my Plus but my wife's phone is noticeably easier to hold.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't be able to get by with the 6S+. The 6S is the perfect size for me in all respects. It's easy to hold, doesn't bother my hands/wrists during use and isn't inconvenient in my pocket with a case. And without a case it's perfection. I don't do enough video watching or anything to justify such a big screen. The battery life would be nice but at the same time I'm always near a charger and when I'm not I plan ahead to ensure I've either got my backup battery or my phone is charged fully.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711