I sold my 6plus just now.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I bought a new iPhone 6s and sold my iPhone 6plus. The only problem is, when I was disabling iCloud and resetting the phone I was really enjoying the larger screen again. I tell myself I don't need a tablet in my pocket to stick with the 6s but the plus sure is great. I have 3 days left to return my 6s. I am leaning toward the 6s plus. On the other hand I really like the size of the S and battery isn't an issue for me. I know, first world problems but aarrghghhhh!!!

bones467

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Hahaha, I know its a tough decision, I went for the 6S as don't like huge phones, want to be able to carry it in my pocket, but I know I am missing a few small features along with having a smaller screen.
Why not keep the 6S and then you have a reason to buy a iPad too - 2 apple products can only be better than 1!!! lol
Enjoy whatever one you end up with.

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
I love my 6s Plus, it fits great in my pocket. I have zero complaints

Sent from my Super iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
The way I see it now is, I have a MacBook at home and my iPhone 6s. I can do a lot on my 6s. In fact there is nothing the plus will do that my 6s won't do. When i am out and about I can use my iPhone. When home I can use my MacBook or the wife's iPad mini 2. I have even got to the point where I am actively trying not to be on my phone to much, I have 3 little kids and I want to spend my home time with them not on my phone. So I am thinking the smaller screen might be a little bit of a deterrent for me not to have so much screen time at home. On top of all that I get to keep $100 in my pocket. Thanks for the replies.👍🏻

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
The way I see it now is, I have a MacBook at home and my iPhone 6s. I can do a lot on my 6s. In fact there is nothing the plus will do that my 6s won't do. When i am out and about I can use my iPhone. When home I can use my MacBook or the wife's iPad mini 2. I have even got to the point where I am actively trying not to be on my phone to much, I have 3 little kids and I want to spend my home time with them not on my phone. So I am thinking the smaller screen might be a little bit of a deterrent for me not to have so much screen time at home. On top of all that I get to keep $100 in my pocket. Thanks for the replies.🏻

Sounds like you have all of your bases covered. I have two little kids myself and can appreciate limiting screen time. They're only little for so long!

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
The way I see it now is, I have a MacBook at home and my iPhone 6s. I can do a lot on my 6s. In fact there is nothing the plus will do that my 6s won't do. When i am out and about I can use my iPhone. When home I can use my MacBook or the wife's iPad mini 2. I have even got to the point where I am actively trying not to be on my phone to much, I have 3 little kids and I want to spend my home time with them not on my phone. So I am thinking the smaller screen might be a little bit of a deterrent for me not to have so much screen time at home. On top of all that I get to keep $100 in my pocket. Thanks for the replies.🏻

You are not alone. There are a couple of us on here that have had this discussion. I "sized down" to the 6s from the 6 plus this time around. No regrets. I do not miss having a bigger phone in my pocket. While it is certainly doable, I really like having my phone be my phone and my tablet be my tablet. I could argue the opposite opinion as well, but for now I'll stick with separate devices. I am going to pick up a new iPad in the near future for the couple things that I need a bigger screen for. If I'm using a bigger screen for reading or editing documents then I would prefer more than the Plus offers anyway. Like I said, it could be argued either way. Do what works for you. There isn't a blanket correct answer for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
All I have to do is make it through the next 3 days without returning it for the S plus😅after that I will be "stuck" with it till I pay it off.

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I didn't think I'd like a big phone, but I adjusted to one after only two days of use. Now it feels strange to use a smaller phone.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
It does feel weird holding and using the 6S. I was used to a bigger phone with the plus and the note 2 that I had before. I am having to retrain for the smaller everything, but It is easier to use one handed.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like you've got your priorities straight wanting to spend time with the fam when you're home! I've found myself staring at my phone when my kids are trying to engage me. Makes me feel bad. Enjoy your 6s! I'm loving mine.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
It sounds to me like you're trying to convince yourself to keep the iPhone 6s. I've been there ;)
I've also been back and forth from device to device and size to size. The 14 day return window has 'saved' me many times - LOL

Keep us posted on the outcome...

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
The way I see it now is, I have a MacBook at home and my iPhone 6s. I can do a lot on my 6s. In fact there is nothing the plus will do that my 6s won't do. When i am out and about I can use my iPhone. When home I can use my MacBook or the wife's iPad mini 2. I have even got to the point where I am actively trying not to be on my phone to much, I have 3 little kids and I want to spend my home time with them not on my phone. So I am thinking the smaller screen might be a little bit of a deterrent for me not to have so much screen time at home. On top of all that I get to keep $100 in my pocket. Thanks for the replies.����

The only thing you're missing is the built-in OIS on the plus. The 6S has it too but it's done through software. Unlike the plus, it's built into the hardware. The difference is huge when taking videos while moving. There are video comparison in YouTube. But then again, if you don't take videos a lot and you don't care about this feature, forget everything what I said. Both phones performs excellent. You can't go wrong no matter which one you choose.

Last edited:

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I am rolling the dice without the OIS. I took a video bouncing on my kids trampoline while running in circles (with my 6s) and the video was very nice and watchable. Not a whole lot of difference from the same video I took with my plus. I suspect the major difference will be when zooming and recording video at a distance.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I am rolling the dice without the OIS. I took a video bouncing on my kids trampoline while running in circles (with my 6s) and the video was very nice and watchable. Not a whole lot of difference from the same video I took with my plus. I suspect the major difference will be when zooming and recording video at a distance.

You won't see the difference unless you put the camera side by side. Watch the video below.

http://youtu.be/WDq1QN1oLSw

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I don't really need to watch a YouTube video to tell me the plus and Splus cameras are a little better. I rocked my 6 plus for almost a year and put it through its paces. Now that I have my 6S I have done some side by side comparisons with the plus in left hand and S in right. I see a little bit of difference but not enough to make me go with the big one. Thank you for the input.

Daniel Broad

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
I think if the 6 had the same battery life as the 6+ then I would have bought the 6. But this year there was no way I would go for the smaller screen 6S+ all the way....

Once you go big, very difficult to go back.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods