Air Duster OK To Use To Clean Out Ports?

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Like the title says - is air duster OK to use to clean out the ports on the phone? I have a 6s Plus, for what it's worth. I'm just a bit OCD about my gear, so I like to get the dust out when I can, but also don't want to do more damage than good!

Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I *assume* the information is also for the iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus.

Clean iPhone immediately if it comes into contact with contaminants that might cause stains, such as ink, dyes, makeup, dirt, food, oils, and lotions. To clean iPhone, unplug all cables and turn it off. Use a soft, slightly damp, lint-free cloth. Avoid getting moisture in openings.
Don't use window cleaners, household cleaners, compressed air, aerosol sprays, solvents, ammonia, or abrasives to clean iPhone. The front glass surfaces have an oleophobic coating. To remove fingerprints, wipe these surfaces with a soft, lint-free cloth. The ability of this coating to repel oil will diminish over time with normal use, and rubbing the screen with an abrasive material will further diminish its effect and might scratch the glass.
To clean the Home button (allowing Touch ID to work optimally), wipe it with a soft lint-free cloth.
Source: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204172

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekintech1