Bluetooth won't turn on

5tephen

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I got an iPhone 6S+ 64GB in gold from the Apple Store on Sprint. On the way home from the Apple Store Bluetooth was working fine. Ever since that drive home, however, I have not been able to turn Bluetooth on. ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1443462151.094444.jpg

That picture is how it's been since then. So far Sprint has had me:
Reset network settings and do a profile update using the ##UPDATE# from the dialer.
Turn all radios off, do a soft reset, and turn them back on individually.
Hard reset and set up as a new iPhone.

Nothing has worked and their suggestion now is to go to an Apple Store and see what they say. Now, my closest Apple Store is 36 miles away. I just switched over to night shift, and I won't have a chance to go til maybe Wednesday. So I'm asking here for help in case someone else may have had the same problem and can help me fix it without driving out there again. I greatly appreciate any and all help.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If it were me, I'd do a clean install of iOS 9.0.1 via iTunes and then set up the device as new. Afterwards, I'd see if I could enable Bluetooth. If not, I'd be calling Apple to get the device exchanged.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
At the Apple store today. We'll see how this goes.

I've had this issue with my new 6s Plus. I just kept trying. Rebooted phone, turned headset off and on, held the headset close to phone and waited. And waited. Made sure head set was charging, and waited. Finally the lights on the headset changed. I waited and tapped on the area to the right of the spinning wheel. It finally paired.

5tephen

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
They ran a diagnostic test at the Apple Store and the Bluetooth failed. Replaced the phone with a new one on the spot. However, the guy didn't wait for the old phone to turn off before removing the sim card and after putting it into the new phone got a "Sim Invalid" error. He had already walked off at this point so I had to wait another 10-15 minutes for someone to come available to get me a new sim card and activate it. All in all took me about three hours of my day. One less than the 4 it took me just to switch carriers and get the 6S Plus...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner