Live Photos

stilltwinston

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Discovered today if someone sends you a live photo and you have a IPhone 6 or 6 plus pressing and holding on the pic activates the photo. I'm not sure on the 4 or 5 models.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
OK sent a live photo to a 5s and iPad Air and both played the live photo when long touched :)

Durx

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
That's great. Is it that hard to do that the 6 and 6plus can't take them as well though ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Can somebody send me a Live Photo over iMessage.. I'd like to very much see it for my self on my device.
My mail is yukhalilsel@yahoo.nl.

Disclaimer: this mail address is solely for this kind of purposes, to give away to total strangers.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I just received one via mail. Thanks karenkcoulter..
Unfortunately I haven't been able to play the live photo in my 5s. I have saved the image to my photo album with no avail.. I guess it somehow is reduced to a regular photo in the process somewhere..
But no worries, I plan on buying a 6s somewhere this year. Then I can try it out for my self..

Love the dog, though.

ultravisitor

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I just received one via mail. Thanks karenkcoulter..
Unfortunately I haven't been able to play the live photo in my 5s. I have saved the image to my photo album with no avail.. I guess it somehow is reduced to a regular photo in the process somewhere..

Live Photos can only be shared via iMessage, iCloud Photo Library, or AirDrop. In order to see them, the device has to be running iOS 9 or El Capitan.

If the photo was simply emailed, I don't believe it will work as a Live Photo.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Live Photos can only be shared via iMessage, iCloud Photo Library, or AirDrop. In order to see them, the device has to be running iOS 9 or El Capitan.

If the photo was simply emailed, I don't believe it will work as a Live Photo.

That's what I already suspected. Thanks for confirming it.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2