iPhone 6s and iPhone 6S Plus First impressions and unboxing

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Share your experience with us of unboxing and you initial impressions of this years new iPhones. Post pictures, give over speed impression, etc.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I unboxed my 6S plus this morning after waiting patiently in my home for the TNT truck to come. My first impression was " wow". The rose gold isn't the "pink" I expected. It's a very subtle colour like a light moscato.
I'm glad because I was having second thoughts about the colour.
I'm loving how it looks, plus it fits into my wedding theme lol.

Here is the packaging ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443186518.373740.jpg
I did notice the phone is slightly heavier and it was expected due to the stats on the website, but honestly I prefer it that way. It adds a solid feel and premium feel to the phone like it has volume.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443187138.540336.jpg
Touch ID isn't much faster than the previous 6 plus, honestly I can't tell the difference between the two....
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443187169.995744.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443187184.830828.jpg
The phone though is super fast.... Everything is snappy and straight to it. No lag or hiccups any where. I've tested the safari webpages and made over 12 different Windows and it handled it like a champ and it didn't have to reload . FINALLY!

3D Touch is interesting. I've been trying to get used to it slowly and it works very accurately and fast. I'm enjoying the short cut Windows instead of two taps. It's pretty neat.

The front facing camera is crisp and has
good colour balance with a natural effect to the photos. I love Live Photos , it is a extra cool feature which I've decided to leave on just for the sake of testing and having the best features on default.

I haven't taken any 4K videos yet but I'm looking forward to it!

All and all this phones is blazing fast and beautiful.
Worth every penny and I wouldn't get any other colour than the beautiful Rose Gold.
There I said it lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Very impressed with the camera.
8e607904ffb49d1ce542836aa4bcf003.jpg
d2b25d9b608894131a188a21552916f4.jpg

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Rose Gold 128G iPhone 6s Plus

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Could we have a list of 3d touch apps?

I have shazam, Evernote, workflow, Dropbox, Twitter, scanner pro..

sleepngbear

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Being that this is my first iPhone, this really is a first impression. I won't bore everybody with the excruciating details; I'll just say that I am pretty pleased with it. And I have to confess -- for someone who has claimed all these years to not be an 'app guy', I've gone a little app-crazy this weekend. Coming from many years of exclusively BlackBerry, there are a few thing that I'll miss, especially from BB10. But I think as time goes by, I'll miss them less and less.

I do have to say, though -- this is my first day using it away from home, and this thing is quicker on LTE than on my home router. Which raises the distinct possibility that I might not get much work done today. (Not to mention that it might be time to start looking for a new router.)

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
As per usual the packaging is impeccable. The rose gold is more pink than I'd expected but I'm ok with that. Also now the 6s + doesn't seem as big. Last year I was really torn and ultimately went with the 6 because I though the + was too big. I even used to make fun my friends with huge phones calling them laptops but I'm a convert now. I'm still getting used to using it with one hand and it if feels weird to hold it up my face I still really like it.

I also bought the matching rose gold docking station to keep on my nightstand.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I went to a 6s from an iPhone 6 Plus. I actually really like the 6s. The only thing I worry about is the battery life. The size of the 6s is just perfect. The plus' battery sure was amazing though. I still have 11 days left of my trial period...... If I do return it and go with the 6s plus it will only be because of the battery.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Then I misinterpreted your comment. There is no sensitivity settings for TouchId.

No problem. I was responding to someone asking about the speed of Touch ID. Still it was good to know that 3D Touch can be adjusted. I didn't know that.

anon(9208252)

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
Being that this is my first iPhone, this really is a first impression. I won't bore everybody with the excruciating details; I'll just say that I am pretty pleased with it. And I have to confess -- for someone who has claimed all these years to not be an 'app guy', I've gone a little app-crazy this weekend. Coming from many years of exclusively BlackBerry, there are a few thing that I'll miss, especially from BB10. But I think as time goes by, I'll miss them less and less.

I do have to say, though -- this is my first day using it away from home, and this thing is quicker on LTE than on my home router. Which raises the distinct possibility that I might not get much work done today. (Not to mention that it might be time to start looking for a new router.)

I would have to agree with you fine sir, this is my first iPhone in a long time. I like this better than the passports I had.

mpham2

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1445368986.614156.jpg
woo hoo! Got mine today. Looks and feels great. Now waiting for my case to come in Friday. 6s plus 64 gig.
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1445369055.504791.jpg

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77