Lining up for Launch Day--How early do you arrive?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah there is no security here just one lone police officer and he's sitting in his car.

It could be because it's late but this line is no fun. When I used to wait in line I'd have nice chit chats with people. Not so much this time.

I can see them changing the displays in the store though :)

Seems the atmosphere has changed a good bit from the way it was back in the day when the iPhone first came out...now it's a bunch of irritated people and immigrants looking to buy 30 of them to profit off of them over seas. I'm sure it also depends on where you are though...I know the big lines at the local Atlanta store were on the news tonight and it looked like there was some energy there relevant to the first few years.

simplylaurakb

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm the first - and only - in the reservation line at my Apple Store! Got here about 5:20 am...probably about 80 people in line. But when they let us into the mall, they split the line, and I was the only one with a reservation. I was up anyway, and I'm hoping to change my reservation from a 6S to a 6S Plus. It's sounding like I should be able to....

Laura

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Getting closer! There are 5 people in the reservations only line and I would estimate 50-60 in the walk in line. And random that keeps walking up and down asking if anyone is reselling.

I still don't know if I'll be getting a rose gold 6+ the anticipation is making my stomach churn.

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
So the longer I'm here the more apparent that the 10 people in front of me are buying them for this 1 guy :/

If I can't get a 6s plus I'm just gonna have to walk away. I know I was taking that chance but I don't want to compromise

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I got at the Att store at 6:45. There were 7 people in front of me. Since I got here, 6 more people have shown up.

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Rode past the Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint stores on the way to work this morning. There was 1 car at Verizon, a few cars at AT&T, and 2 people standing at Sprint's door. That was about 6:40 am. It seems St. Louisans don't like lining up for anything! LOL

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Rode past the Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint stores on the way to work this morning. There was 1 car at Verizon, a few cars at AT&T, and 2 people standing at Sprint's door. That was about 6:40 am. It seems St. Louisans don't like lining up for anything! LOL

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
HAHA! They will if it's free.

I bailed. I was going to do the Galleria but my friend decided not to, and we had to let two people go yesterday in spectacular fashion, so I knew taking today was just not gonna go well around here. I am going to try the reservation process tomorrow morning and see how that goes. I *guess* I can wait.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Well that was a complete waste of time. Verizon dropped the ball on this one and might have lost a customer. They had NO 6s Plus in stock for Launch Day. I was advised by the manger that no Verizon store within a 500 mile radius received any 6s Plus's.....I"M VERY DISAPPOINTED

ultravisitor

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Well that was a complete waste of time. Verizon dropped the ball on this one and might have lost a customer. They had NO 6s Plus in stock for Launch Day. I was advised by the manger that no Verizon store within a 500 mile radius received any 6s Plus's.....I"M VERY DISAPPOINTED

Are you sure that's Verizon's fault?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Sorry, that really sucks. But the wireless provider stores are totally at the mercy of Apple regarding what stock they get.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2