I have a devious plan, but, is it doable?

CremoCremo

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Here's the situation:
  • Me - I have an iphone 6 Plus on ATT Next. Can't get a new one until Dec 12, 2015
  • Family Member 2 - Has iPhone 5s on ATT contract which just ended and is itching for a Rose Gold 6s Plus ASAP
  • Family Member 3 - Has iPhone 5s on ATT contract which ends sometime next year
  • Family Member 4 - No phone

Here's the plan:
  • Me - Get a new 6s Plus either on Apple iPhone Upgrade Program or ATT Next
  • Family Member 2 - Trades in 5s and gets a new 6s Plus either on Apple iPhone Upgrade Program or ATT Next
  • Family Member 3 - Gets my current ATT Next iPhone 6 Plus
  • Family Member 4 - Gets Family Member 3's 5s still under contract

Is the plan doable? :confused: Can I transfer iPhones still under contract or not upgradable under ATT Next and get two new 6s Plus's on Sept 25? I just can't let Family member 2 have a 6s Plus while I have just a 6 Plus;)

Terb

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
If I understand correct, see no reason why not. Looks like you will have to pay full price for your new 6s+ is all

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Travisimo

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Here's the situation:
  • Me - I have an iphone 6 Plus on ATT Next. Can't get a new one until Dec 12, 2015
  • Family Member 2 - Has iPhone 5s on ATT contract which just ended and is itching for a Rose Gold 6s Plus ASAP
  • Family Member 3 - Has iPhone 5s on ATT contract which ends sometime next year
  • Family Member 4 - No phone

Here's the plan:
  • Me - Get a new 6s Plus either on Apple iPhone Upgrade Program or ATT Next
  • Family Member 2 - Trades in 5s and gets a new 6s Plus either on Apple iPhone Upgrade Program or ATT Next
  • Family Member 3 - Gets my current ATT Next iPhone 6 Plus
  • Family Member 4 - Gets Family Member 3's 5s still under contract

Is the plan doable? :confused: Can I transfer iPhones still under contract or not upgradable under ATT Next and get two new 6s Plus's on Sept 25? I just can't let Family member 2 have a 6s Plus while I have just a 6 Plus;)

I assume you're going to open up a new line for Family Member 4? If so, then buy your 6S Plus by opening up that line and then just transfer for it to your line (yes you can do that). The rest should work out as you described. In other words, yes you can transfer phones between lines. The contract or payment plan stays with the line it was purchased on.

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes. I'm on a family plan with 5 lines. I usually upgrade my phone every year. I rotate between my upgrade and my grandmas. However, recently when I signed into AT&T I noticed the option to transferring a lines upgrade to another.

You might need new SIM cards but I'm not positive about that.

CremoCremo

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
I assume you're going to open up a new line for Family Member 4? If so, then buy your 6S Plus by opening up that line and then just transfer for it to your line (yes you can do that). The rest should work out as you described. In other words, yes you can transfer phones between lines. The contract or payment plan stays with the line it was purchased on.

Yup! I called AT&T and spoke to a very nice lady from Iowa. I told her what I wanted to do and she said, "Heck yea we can do that!". She said to do exactly what you stated. Thanks for the reply.

She then, out of the blue, told me that AT&T was offering 15 gb of data for the same price of 10 gb. She swapped me over to 15 gb before I could I could get "yes" out of my mouth.

Travisimo

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Yup! I called AT&T and spoke to a very nice lady from Iowa. I told her what I wanted to do and she said, "Heck yea we can do that!". She said to do exactly what you stated. Thanks for the reply.

She then, out of the blue, told me that AT&T was offering 15 gb of data for the same price of 10 gb. She swapped me over to 15 gb before I could I could get "yes" out of my mouth.

No problem! Glad that the rep corroborated what I suggested. I was aware of the 15gb promo too, I should have mentioned that. I wonder if they'll ever do another "double data" promo? I jumped on that last year when they doubled the 15gb plan to 30gb. And with rollover data, it's perfect for me and my family of 5.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods