Pajama Party: Now waiting on 6S/6S+ delivery thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Ok, this is just a "THEORY", but since Apple's record shows that everytime they release a new iPhone, they break their own selling records. Why not just make a lot more than what they normally make so on or approx around the 25th of Sept they have enough to go around. If they don't sell as much as they make for the on/about 25th, they will still sell during the holiday season and rest of the year. Whats the problem?

I truly believe they make as many phones as humanly possible before launch. To have more phones on hand would mean pushing the delivery dates back. I also think there is a bit of a marketing and supply/demand thing going on too. Have enough so that they do end up in the hands of SOME consumers, but not too many that everyone that wants one gets one at lunch and there is no demand come the holidays. The real answer probably lies somewhere between those two.

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Is it an apartment? If so you can just call UPS and update it with them or leave a note with the detail of the package at your leasing office.

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.

See I figured T-Mo would be able to just fix the shipping address in the computer. I didn't think about calling the shipping carrier and updating it through them. Hmmm...I'll see how this plays out. Thanks for the suggestion!

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
See I figured T-Mo would be able to just fix the shipping address in the computer. I didn't think about calling the shipping carrier and updating it through them. Hmmm...I'll see how this plays out. Thanks for the suggestion!

It'll be alright. UPS, once the device is already in their midst, can have info modified. I've even had them forward to a different address because I was staying with my grandma. You just need to call right away when you get the tracking information email.

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Nooooo!!! I'm so sorry :(. I finally called T-Mo but I couldn't continue changing my address with the rep for some reason on their end and she needs to call me back. She swears that I won't lose my place and my phone will be delivered on the 25th...but I don't know if I can trust that at all.

This crap is why I left T-mobile last year. I ordered my 6+, and my order got "lost" for a while. When they finally found it, my delivery date got pushed back a full month. They couldn't even cancel it at the time, they said the only option was for me to call my bank and cancel my card so that the charge wouldn't go through and the order would cancel on its own. They said they had NO access to the pre-order system. I had supervisors and customer satisfaction managers and everyone else looking into it and they all came to the same conclusion, that there was absolutely nothing they could do. So I ported my numbers back to Verizon. (Then Verizon botched my order, but thats a completely different story).

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
OK...I'm NOT a happy camper right now . Just got off the phone with Verizon and the only iPhones that will be available on the 25th will be store delivered pre-orders. Their not expecting the new iPhones 6s/6s Plus to be in stores for sale until sometime in October. This is NOT GOOD for my plans. .

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

But you have a nice 6 Plus!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Meh....unless I WIN contest or something, I've decided to forgo the 6s Plus and wait on the 7. I will let you guys have all the FUN for now...

LadiJae

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Meh....unless I WIN contest or something, I've decided to forgo the 6s Plus and wait on the 7. I will let you guys have all the FUN for now...

I thought about that! But I couldn't pass it up LOL I need my yearly new upgrade

Sent from my Silver iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
UGH!! On my confirmation from t-mo, they left my apartment number off the shipping address. I went to the t-mo customer support chat (because I'm unable to use my phone at the moment - I'm on a conference call) and they said that I'll need to call t-mo, cancel my order, and resubmit it!!!!! WTF??? I'm really hoping that's not right. I'm going to call them on my break. Kinda freaking out now...

That sucks. Hope it works out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Are actual pajamas required for this party, or optional? 'Cos all I got are these ratty old sweats. They haven't been washed in years now because the next trip through the rinse cycle will reduce them to a nondescript pile of threads, lint, and the residue of remnants of assorted cookouts and late-night snacks. The dogs don't mind them, and if they're good enough for them, they should be good enough for this throng of reprobates. I can say that because I still own a BlackBerry. I can say it here because I, one of the few remaining bastions of hope for BlackBerry fandom, have acquiesced kicking and screaming into mobile conformity and pre-ordered a 6S+. Think of it like Seinfeld's dentist who converted to Judaism just for the jokes.

Anyway ...

View attachment 91432
OH
MY
GOD

Well.... Um.... Ahem..... Welcome to iMore. I hope you enjoy our forums and I hope you enjoy your new iPhone.

Welcome onboard. We're a happy, relaxed bunch. Grab a beer and look around.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

NONONONO!!!!! YOU MUST get your new baby!!!!! I can't enjoy mine if you haven't got yours!!!!

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Are actual pajamas required for this party, or optional? 'Cos all I got are these ratty old sweats. They haven't been washed in years now because the next trip through the rinse cycle will reduce them to a nondescript pile of threads, lint, and the residue of remnants of assorted cookouts and late-night snacks. The dogs don't mind them, and if they're good enough for them, they should be good enough for this throng of reprobates. I can say that because I still own a BlackBerry. I can say it here because I, one of the few remaining bastions of hope for BlackBerry fandom, have acquiesced kicking and screaming into mobile conformity and pre-ordered a 6S+. Think of it like Seinfeld's dentist who converted to Judaism just for the jokes.

Anyway ...

View attachment 91432

This is quite possibly the funniest comment I've read on any Mobile Nations forums.

sudbury78

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
My sales girl on t mobile customer service brilliantly typed sweet instead if suite. Yes seriously. They also left off the company name. T mobile said ups will update it so hopefully it won't be an issue for those of us with jacked addresses. Sweet.. Really?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal