Pajama Party: Now waiting on 6S/6S+ delivery thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudbury78

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys and gals. I'm at dinner but when I go home I'll turn off my old one and try it. I set up this one brand new cause I was worried of bring over data from iOS 8.4 to 9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
It should have switched in the set up process. Call your carrier.

The text message from the carrier should have been turned off already when he activated his new phone. It's probably the iMessage that he is getting which uses wifi. All he needs to do is turn it off from the message settings.

Amy wineBerry

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
The text message from the carrier should have been turned off already when he activated his new phone. It's probably the iMessage that he is getting which uses wifi. All he needs to do is turn it off from the message settings.

iMessages also uses cellular data. If there are issues with getting cellular data, just turning it off won't help.

I didn't have to turn iMessages off from my old device and things ended up working fine after I turned off the old device and restarted the new.

Mikeglo

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
Sorry to hear you didn't get your phone today. Don't worry, you might get it tomorrow. I got mine today but having a little bit of issue. Already made an appointment at Apply Store.

Thanks! Trying not to be bitter, lmao, hoping for tomorrow

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
iMessages also uses cellular data. If there are issues with getting cellular data, just turning it off won't help.

I didn't have to turn iMessages off from my old device and things ended up working fine after I turned off the old device and restarted the new.

You're right about iMessage using the cell data. My bad. Anyway, the cell data shouldn't work anymore on his old phone because that phone is already deactivated so the SIM on that phone will no longer work with cellular data. In any case, turning off the iMessage on the old phone will prevent him from getting anymore messages.

sudbury78

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Interesting enough my default number in the phone was showing up with a long random phone number. Changed it to mine and all is well. :)

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Phone finally showed up at 530 ups guy was jamming lol .. I had to setup as new because my back up was 9.1 .. My apple case from from my 6 fit perfect no issue

jenmeow78

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
660c14dacfd2348168cef664c3c918f5.jpg

Earlier. I love this phone. :). Sorry for the quality and for the delay. And I'm sorry if anyone got judged for getting another new phone a year later like I did.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Or upgrade 6s to 9.1 ... I use my work computer so I had already left for the weekend so I wasn't going to worry about it

Or that too. I'm still debating if I want both devices on beta. Could just be me or this app but notifications seem to be sporadic when it comes to sound on 9.1

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Or that too. I'm still debating if I want both devices on beta. Could just be me or this app but notifications seem to be sporadic when it comes to sound on 9.1

I didn't have any issues almost seemed better than 9.01 to me ... I'm sure first thing Monday I'm going back to 9.1 lol

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Your right! I was hurrying trying to set my own phone up.

madkoda12

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Finally being able to sit down and play with my phone I notice that the screen has a bit of an issue. On the lower left of the screen there is a small dot that shows a bit darker than the rest of the screen and when like scrolling up and down it appears a bit lighter. If I ordered from apple.com Would I be able to contact them for a replacement? Or do I have to go in store? Or can I do either or? (never did a return or exchange with apple before)

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Finally being able to sit down and play with my phone I notice that the screen has a bit of an issue. On the lower left of the screen there is a small dot that shows a bit darker than the rest of the screen and when like scrolling up and down it appears a bit lighter. If I ordered from apple.com Would I be able to contact them for a replacement? Or do I have to go in store? Or can I do either or? (never did a return or exchange with apple before)

If it's a hardware issue, which it appears to be, you can stop in a store and they should be able to replace the phone or the screen.
I'd say stopping in is better and faster than having to wait for a replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods