How is this not being covered here?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Jailbroken devices with cracked apps containing malware... A very small subset of the total iPhone user base jailbreaks at all, and an even smaller subset of those are cracked app users... Big picture, not much of a story.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I would estimate maybe 1%, .....on jailbroke iPhones. Not much of a story, but thanks anyway for the info.

Let's look at how big or small...

Total iPhone population:
225,000 of 63,000,000 ~= 0.35%
(2014 estimate)

Jailbroken phones total:
225,000 of 630,000 ~= 35% !

Non-Jailbroken phones:
0 of 62,370,000 ~= 0 !

Jailbroken phones that didn't use the Chinese repository:
0 of 450,900 ~= 0 !

Bad day for Cydia and jailbreak community PR-wise at least.

Bad day for jail breakers using questionable repositories.

Everyone else? 100% non-issue, non-story. IMore doesn't pander to FUD.

Those effected can just request refunds (It wouldn't surprise me if Apple honored it even though its 100% each user's risky behavior that allowed it). Or report to CC company (if their CCs have fraud protection in their country)

And then just change their passwords. If it was me, I'd get a replacement CC that was on file. But not a big deal even worst case.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Purposely altering your phone to defeat safeguards put in place by Apple to stop this very type of thing does not equal news. It equals stupidity along the lines of 225,000 people putting Nitrous Oxide on their 1989 Honda Civic, then writing about how the engines blew, and then calling that news. You know what that’s called? NO DUH ...

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
I like Rene, I read Rene, but you're delusional if you don't think he spreads Samsung FUD. He may have patented it, he's so good at it. Keep viewing the world through those Apple-colored glasses of yours though.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
I like Rene, I read Rene, but you're delusional if you don't think he spreads Samsung FUD. He may have patented it, he's so good at it. Keep viewing the world through those Apple-colored glasses of yours though.

Absolutely, and please keep coming back here posting stupid crap once, or twice a year like your history shows ...

lackster2

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
My biggest issue with jailbreaking is not the minuscule number of hacks, it's the effect the story has on the uninitiated, who, not understanding the technical ins and outs of jailbreaking, (and often don't bother reading the full media account), simply assume that all Apple phones are thus hackable, and thus are no different than any other phone. And thus they miss out on the most (arguably) secure ecosystem.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
iMore doesn't pander to FUD? Really? That's hysterical. Guess you've never read Rene's Samsung/Android stories.

So that's really the point of you starting the thread? To call iMore hypocrites or something? What a waste of time. Will be ignoring your threads from now on.

jnew619

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Soooo how do you know if you've been hacked when I was jailbroken i only downloaded a couple hacks no pirating but still...
Also I do agree on asking why this has not been covered here when I first joined here jail breaking was a huge topic here so little talked about now..

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Soooo how do you know if you've been hacked when I was jailbroken i only downloaded a couple hacks no pirating but still...
Also I do agree on asking why this has not been covered here when I first joined here jail breaking was a huge topic here so little talked about now..

In large part, the "need" to jailbreak has been severely lessened by the advances within iOS. Many of the reasons to JB are no longer necessary because they're "baked in" to iOS.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234