Best apps for previous android users!

sudbury78

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi all. So as I type this from my galaxy note 4 I have plans to head back to ios with a purchase of the new 6s+. It's been 4 years and I want to join all my friends and family with I message and facetime. I've been watching jailbreak tweaks that clearly make me giddy enough to make my phone android feeling. With that said:

Any apps that any of you previous android users now use on ios that are must have? I've been reading lots of lock screen widget articles etc. Just curious about your input. Thanks!!

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

lackster2

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Welcome back to iOS, oh, maybe not. Because you're going the jailbreak route. You're going to invest in one of the finest pieces of mobile hardware, and rip out the essence of its being to ease the pain of leaving the beautiful world of Android. It's like supplanting a Fiat engine into a Ferrari. To some, it's an unspeakable act.

Your new 6s+ will be ever so much more vulnerable to the increasing hack attacks that plague our world. You will incur countless 'issues' with various apps. You will need to come back to this forum asking for input on how to deal with these. All in the name of not losing that wondrous feeling presented by that device you now own. If that's the case, just go ahead and buy the Note 5. I hear the cameras great, the processor is fast, and the styling looks almost as good as the iPhone. Just remember to insert the stylus in the 'correct' fashion.

Look, either go ALL IN on a product or don't go at all. Otherwise, welcome aboard.

Rant OFF.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Well I think with the high number of apps in both apps stores, and iOS and Android being the top mobile OS's, if there's an app you use on Android there's a good chance it's on iOS. So I'm not sure about any must haves, also iOS does support third party keyboards now, so you don't have to use Apple's stock keyboard. On another note, jailbreaking is not as popular as it once was, with the newer iOS updates Apple has taken into account a lot of the things people used to jailbreak for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Much has changed in 4 years. The regular App Store apps are wonderful. They've gotten much better and do so much. I do photoshop on my iPhone 5. I've had no desire to jailbreak. I get all I need without it. Before you jailbreak, check it all out. Take your interests and find the best apps to match. Check out the widget apps like Launcher and music Launcher. Great camera apps like Camera+ and ProCamera 8 +HDR. The games are out of this world. Other apps I use.
Superimpose
Pinpoint
Facetune
Lens Flare
Tweetbot
TapaTalk
1Password
Box
Dropbox
Image Size
Leonardo Photo Editor
TuneIn Radio Pro
BeWeather 2
Super Calendar
All Readdle apps
Phonto
MyTalkingPet
Many great games and more..
Have fun!
And welcome to iMore!

Jaggrey

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
I'm still looking for a decent replacement to WiFi Analyzer. Haven't seen anything on iOS that comes close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Still using Google Plus, Hangouts, Docs, Keep, Drive but I replaced Google Play Music by Apple Music, for a better integration with my iPhone =)

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234