iPhone 6 owners, to S or not to S? That is the question.

Lord Killington

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
I don't think I will be, I have a 6 Plus 64GB and it's been great. Additionally Apple just replaced the phone due to the camera recall. So I have a nice new handset (most importantly a new battery!) to see me through to September 2016. I've bought S models in the past and always felt a pang of disappointment and remorse, besides the best features of the S will end up in the 7 next year, along with more stuff and a redesign. I'm going to wait it out.

clouds0222

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Same here. I will wait and see what the 7 has to offer! My 6 isn't that old yet and works great! No need to upgrade this time.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm most likely moving over from Android to a 6 Plus which I will then sell once I can get an "S" model. Coming from Android, only updating my device once a year seems like a ridiculously long time to wait, so I know waiting two years wouldn't happen. I'm a huge proponent of the "latest and greatest".

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
The non s models always have a different design. For example 3GS to 4 was different design, 4S to 5 was different, 5S to 6 was different. However nothing software wise was ever different on the regular number model from the previous year's S model.

However the S models always add a feature only they have. 4S had Siri, 5S has slow mo and Touch ID, and the 6S is rumored to have Force Touch.

So based on that I usually find that waiting for S models if you can is. better buy.

Well I guess I just remembered that you can't use Apple Pay on the 5S but still I find the S models add extra features that are way better than the redesign.

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I haven't been this satisfied in a phone in years.

I couldn't agree more. I mean if you have the means to wait a few weeks or a month (I'd wait a little bit after it comes out to get it but that's just me) and get the 6S/6S+ then go for it but if you wait for the 6S to come out and get the cheaper 6/6+ or just stick with your current 6/6S I think you'll be more than happy.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I'll be getting it one way or the other. I always upgrade yearly and save up in advance to get his device. It's my way to spoil my hard work ️.

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I will just because I'm in the JUMP program and I'm slightly to upgrade every year so why not? Also, I want to get a white iPhone this time around. I'm also excited about getting a new iPad. Will be getting that in white also.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk

chrisforpm

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I'll be upgrading on launch day. Its the one technology release I get excited about. It's become a bit of a tradition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

angelpie1976

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
I upgraded my 6 plus 16gb to the 64 gb today because I ran out of space. I did the iPhone forever plan with Sprint so I will be upgrading to the newest 6S Plus when it comes out. Having the latest and greatest phone is a weakness of mine.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
To S is my calling lol. I upgrade every year so I'll definitely be getting the new 6S Plus (or whatever they call it) when it's released. I love my 6 Plus but it's time for a change. Think I'll get Space Grey this time since I've had Gold on my previous 2 devices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jamesedward318

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I have been going back and forth with this notion for a few weeks now. I unfortunately signed a two year contract at the time with Verizon so I will more than likely wait for the new model to come out next year.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Ok, people: PUH-LEEZE educate this most puzzled and clueless iMore Techtard: WHAT THE HECK DOES FORCE TOUCH DO???
What is it for?
How would I use it, how would I benefit from it?
Do I need it and why?

... Because honestly, to quote a previous post above, I haven't been this satisfied with a phone (iPhone 6 Plus) since forever.
So what would be the reason for me to upgrade?