Best way to unlock an iPhone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nogitsune Micah

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Surprisingly, I am mostly adjusting from my change from Windows Phone to iPhone(it is a temporary, i'll be back to windows phone when windows 10 comes out unless the iPhone 6s or whatever interests me...doubtful, IOS is fun but a bit boring too)

The only issue I have presently is not the phone or OS itself...it's T-Mobile.

What is the best way to unlock this phone? I would like to take it with me back to Att where I came from.

I heard of [redacted] but I checked and for the iPhone 6 it was like $100 and I am like Ehh, I don't know if I want to spend that much and I got the phone free brand new lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Gtech21

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
If you can find a third party to unlock it will be costly. Otherwise the carrier you are with should be able to unlock the phone. Contact t-mobile and see if they will unlock the phone for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Surprisingly, I am mostly adjusting from my change from Windows Phone to iPhone(it is a temporary, i'll be back to windows phone when windows 10 comes out unless the iPhone 6s or whatever interests me...doubtful, IOS is fun but a bit boring too)

The only issue I have presently is not the phone or OS itself...it's T-Mobile.

What is the best way to unlock this phone? I would like to take it with me back to Att where I came from.

I heard of [redacted] but I checked and for the iPhone 6 it was like $100 and I am like Ehh, I don't know if I want to spend that much and I got the phone free brand new lol

"Best" is almost always your wireless provider. Check with T-Mobile to find out what their requirements are.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nogitsune Micah

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Well, then THAT or what you stated in your OP is your answer.

Wait or pay. Pretty simple.

Thank you for such a riveting response. Truly I had no idea those were my the two options. Somehow that alluded me. To wait or pay.

I was simply wanting to know if there were any bother legit iPhone unlock places that possibly may be cheaper.if you have nothing useful to suggest then there is really no need for you to reply or waste either of our time.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for such a riveting response. Truly I had no idea those were my the two options. Somehow that alluded me. To wait or pay.

I was simply wanting to know if there were any bother legit iPhone unlock places that possibly may be cheaper.if you have nothing useful to suggest then there is really no need for you to reply or waste either of our time.

No. You asked the "best" way. That answer was given ... repeatedly.

But good luck.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

What he replied with was perfectly useful...and directly answered your original question. Why cop an attitude because YOU didn't ask the question that better reflected what you wanted to actually know originally?

That said, all of the 3rd party unlocking services are a gamble...after the carriers started buckling down on the process of unlocking phones, it made most of the legitimate 3rd party unlockers throw in the towel and move on...and the ones that stayed in the game charge a lot for it (and still can't guarantee the outcome to you, only offering you a "promise" of a refund, lol).

So at the end of the day...the BEST way is to do it legitimately through your carrier. Other than that, you can take a gamble on a unlocking service, but I don't think anyone around here is going to suggest one to you because then when it doesn't work for you, and you come back here complaining about it...all we can do is say "I told you so.", and then you'll get upset like you did above, lol.

Nogitsune Micah

May 25, 2013
Visit site
What he replied with was perfectly useful...and directly answered your original question. Why cop an attitude because YOU didn't ask the question that better reflected what you wanted to actually know originally?

That said, all of the 3rd party unlocking services are a gamble...after the carriers started buckling down on the process of unlocking phones, it made most of the legitimate 3rd party unlockers throw in the towel and move on...and the ones that stayed in the game charge a lot for it (and still can't guarantee the outcome to you, only offering you a "promise" of a refund, lol).

So at the end of the day...the BEST way is to do it legitimately through your carrier. Other than that, you can take a gamble on a unlocking service, but I don't think anyone around here is going to suggest one to you because then when it doesn't work for you, and you come back here complaining about it...all we can do is say "I told you so.", and then you'll get upset like you did above, lol.

The 'attitude' came from the way the comment was made. While he may have been accurate and i should have better worded my question or edited in, the way the answer was presented could've been better stated. Excellent community help for the question.

I certainly wouldn't blame anyone who shared there experience with any particular company by any means as it is my choice to deal with them or not. But thanks for assuming and the awesome help.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
The 'attitude' came from the way the comment was made. While he may have been accurate and i should have better worded my question or edited in, the way the answer was presented could've been better stated. Excellent community help for the question.

I certainly wouldn't blame anyone who shared there experience with any particular company by any means as it is my choice to deal with them or not. But thanks for assuming and the awesome help.

Wow. Well, good luck.

Sent from my mobile device via Tapatalk 3.2.1.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

I didn't assume anything, I just observed...grow thicker skin and ask the question you want answered more specifically next time.

And if you haven't picked up on it yet (since it's been spelled out clearly), the unlocking services you pay for are a gamble...go pick one with good feedback on eBay and enjoy...or don't...lol).

Nogitsune Micah

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I didn't assume anything, I just observed...grow thicker skin and ask the question you want answered more specifically next time.

And if you haven't picked up on it yet (since it's been spelled out), the unlocking services you pay for are a gamble...go pick one with good feedback on eBay and enjoy...or don't...lol).

It has nothing to do with a thicker skin. There was no need for the above response nor the way it was said originally. Amazing help from the community. Tinged with arrogance.

I just figured after a pleasant experience in both androidcentral or windows central, I'd keep it in the family and join with Imore but as I see not all mobile nations communities are created equally :) my mistake lol

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It has nothing to do with a thicker skin. There was no need for the above response nor the way it was said originally. Amazing help from the community. Tinged with arrogance.

I just figured after a pleasant experience in both androidcentral or windows central, I'd keep it in the family and join with Imore but as I see not all mobile nations communities are created equally :) my mistake lol

When you stroll in barking, you can't expect to be petted. I do agree with one of your comments though...it was your mistake.

Colbert+Wave.gif

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Lol I strolled in barking with my original post to warrant such arrogance? My how perception is a funny thing. Lmao

No...you asked a generic question, got an answer and then because YOU didn't ask the actual question you wanted answered, you started barking. By "strolled in" I was reflecting your relatively new existence here on iMore.

I mean if you go back and read the responses, you can pretty clearly see how you were the first to respond in such a condescending manner...after your question was clearly and concisely answered. Doesn't take a major level of observation to see where the problem's genesis was, but if you want to keep playing the victim card, have at it...the conversation has become boring, and you have your answers.

Nogitsune Micah

May 25, 2013
Visit site
No...you asked a generic question, got an answer and then because YOU didn't ask the actual question you wanted answered, you started barking. By "strolled in" I was reflecting your relatively new existence here on iMore.

I mean if you go back and read the responses, you can pretty clearly see how you were the first to respond in such a condescending manner...after your question was clearly and concisely answered. Doesn't take a major level of observation to see where the problem's genesis was, but if you want to keep playing the victim card, have at it...the conversation has become boring, and you have your answers.

Had to log onto the PC for this response lol.

This conversation has become boring...and yet you feel the need to respond back to the post in the first place. How interesting.

The Genesis actually did not start with me....the genesis started with this response
http://forums.imore.com/iphone/334435-best-way-unlock-iphone.html#post2554248

To which my own sarcastic remark came in and you(someone who wasn't even originally involved) continued to stoke the situation :) I acknowledged the lack of following up and my wording, but answering a question that way was a bit unnecessary as if I didn't know "Pay or wait".

Regardless if I am new to imore(I've actually been here before now so I am not that new...not as active is a better example) or not, this type of attitude was unnecessary and it only goes to further prove the stereotype that apple users have against them of arrogance and elitism.

As I said, I assumed all Mobile nation sites had the same positive/helpful community feel and alas, that was my bad for assuming <3 (To which you then had to follow up with a 'yeah you're mistake' crack)

But yeah this is totally my fault.
Sorry to bore you bud.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm quite sure the original question got answered...albeit to the original poster's dismay... The equine corpse has been sufficiently flogged and everyone can desist in anymore swings with the club. Move along... Nothing more to see here...

Status
Not open for further replies.