Out of curiosity, how many people use the native Mail app?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Really???? I am loving it. Why did you switch back? I don't like that Outlook tries to bundle everything together, mail, calendar etc...

What I like:
. Fast app
. Plenty of configuration settings

What I dislike:
. The UI needs to be a bit more polished and simple
. Syncing issues

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've had it for a couple hours now and it won't let me set up my exchange account so it may not last. I'm waiting to hear from the developer as to a possible reason/fix.

I hear you. The app is definitely promising and off to a good start, but it's not quite there yet for "me". I will continue to test it out with each new update, but right now, Outlook is the new Top Dawg on my iPhone in regard to 3rd-party email apps...

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I always seem to go back to stock app. Think I'll sit airmail out for now.

Same here, although I'm really enjoying Outlook right now. It's come a long way since its introduction early last year so I think I'll continue to use it for a bit.

Waterbag

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
I would like to ask few questions regarding Airmail vs Apple mail (for both iOS and OSX).

Are there differences in security, reliability, stability and performance when apple mail in ios and osx is better?

Do you trust third party mail application with sensitive bussiness emails?

Thanks

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I've never even opened the native mail app, so I don't really have an opinion on it. I've only ever used Outlook being a Windows Phone convert. That said it's still the email app I use. I love it since it is familiar to me.

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I use the Inbox by Gmail app for my personal email, but for my work, we have a MSFT Exchange Server which runs so smoothly on the iOS suite of default tools.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Mail app dropped the ball again. Drove 30 minutes to a class that was canceled last evening but had no clue because I haven't gotten an email since yesterday afternoon

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I use Outlook. I used to use Mailbox until that got canned, so I switched to Outlook. Handles multiple emails great w/o having to jump from one to the other.

judgetom

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
I would like to ask few questions regarding Airmail vs Apple mail (for both iOS and OSX).

Are there differences in security, reliability, stability and performance when apple mail in ios and osx is better?

Do you trust third party mail application with sensitive bussiness emails?

Thanks

Well apple mail clients both iOS and MacOS X are perfectly embedded. I use mail certs for signing mail and had never any issue with the native clients.

No I do not trust 3rd party applications for business mail because for pushing mails to your system they want all your login credentials and store them on their servers.

anon(9132077)

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Apple's native Mail App is great. I've always used it. I've never had a problem with it. As usual with Apple, it's simple and does everything I would ever need. Not to mention, it's nice to press on an email in a text or web page etc, and have the native app pull up to use already.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods