Out of curiosity, how many people use the native Mail app?

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I use the native mail app for my personal email address and the Gmail app for my work email address.

I also have the Outlook app installed for the email address I use to sign up to websites, so I don't get spam to either my work or personal addresses.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
At the moment, I'm testing out the latest version of Spark with one of my active email accounts. I'm using the others with the native Mail app. I'll see if I continue to use Spark or re-enable that one account in the native Mail app after a few days.

Martynet

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I tried them all and never stick to 3rd party email app for longer than 1 day. Stock mail app is the best, BUT, recently, I discovered Spark. And I'm still using it. It is a great app and I just love it. I'm Not going back to the stock mail app anytime soon.

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I used to use it but discovered that the Outlook app offered everything I needed from the stock app such as combined inboxes plus features I like from Inbox by Gmail such as snoozing. I recommend the Outlook app, it even has 3D Touch functions.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I used to use it but discovered that the Outlook app offered everything I needed from the stock app such as combined inboxes plus features I like from Inbox by Gmail such as snoozing. I recommend the Outlook app, it even has 3D Touch functions.

And Push for Gmail! I don't even have any mail coming to the stock app anymore.

mactracker1138

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I had to jump to Outlook because the stock mail app kept giving me "cannot connect to server" several times a day. I tried everything but nothing seemed to solve it. Outlook works great and I'm having no issues whatsoever. I like how the focused inbox works also.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
As expected, I've decided that the native Mail app will continue to be my go-to app for email after giving the latest version of Spark and Outlook a brief spin.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I've tried several of them and eventually went back to the default. It's the only one that works with my "You've Got Mail" ringtone. Although I do find it rather annoying that the notification sound goes off when I put an unread email into the trash. I also feel that they could make it a lot easier to delete an email.... there should be a little trash icon sitting right there when you're reading an email, so you're tapping once to delete and not twice.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Since having my first iPhone, a white 4S, I've relied on the native email app for my accounts and I'm happy enough with the performance. I'm not a email power user so it works well for my needs🏽

freakout311style

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Recently coming from Android, I use the same Gmail (for personal and work) and Outlook (for other personal and Office 365 EDU accounts) apps that I used on my S3 and Note 4. I have been tempted to try the native mail app, but I'm so used to using the others that I didn't see a need to set it up. (Pardon my ignorance if the native app does the following) I really like that both will pull in all of my folders that I have on the web and in Gmail (I don't send much from the Outlook accounts) pulls in my contacts and auto-suggests in the "to" field when I start typing. That said, I feel that the Outlook app is overall functionally better and offers more features than Gmail on iOS.

Bruins_CCH_4

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I've tried Outlook, but I keep coming back to the stock app because I prefer how it integrates with iOS and my iOS contacts. I didn't like the way that Outlook presents my iOS contacts. Like others have said, it seems to do everything I need with feature upgrades from recent years.