Out of curiosity, how many people use the native Mail app?

austriak

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I use the default mail app. I've used many of the third party apps and never thought they were better. I actually think the stock mail app is great and was never sure why some people bash it so much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Durx

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
I'm an apple mail app user as well. It's so nicely integrated into the system you simply can't switch.

Outlook I think is better but the lack of integration into iOS makes it not worth the switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReeseyKups

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I use the stock email app for work and iCloud accounts. For everything else, gmail, yahoo and yes....aol 😳, I use the outlook app.

MooPenguin32

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I use the stock Mail app for my personal email. I like how it works and feels. I also use the Gmail app sparingly when I need to quickly find an email I archived. To keep my work email accessible, but separate, I use the Outlook app.

darktanone

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I use the default mail app to read mail from my other mail accounts. It's simple to setup, use, access and sinks nicely across all my Apple devices.

MrAdamsD

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I was using the gmail app with the iphone 6. Now that I have the iPhone 6s+, I use the stock up. 3D Touch makes the experience better.

clankfu

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
I don't like how the stock mail app handles threads. I wish it was more like Gmail in that regard. Is there a 3rd party email app that does it? And do any of them utilize 3D Touch yet?

mactracker1138

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I was about to give up on the stock email app because I keep getting the dreaded, "Can not get mail, the connection to the server failed" for my outlook and yahoo accounts. Have reset network settings, canceled all existing app passwords, created a new app password and am seeing how it goes. Don't have this issue with the Outlook app but it's missing some features that the native app has. So I'm really hoping I can get the native app running smoothly again. It's served me well for many years.

That all being said, Outlook is a surprisingly well made email app. They're just a few steps away from something amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ararso

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
I just really hate that gmail doesn't have push its really the only thing that's keeping me from using the stock app I wish it was customizable but Apple

raphie

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I use all stock apps for all email accounts. I have tired a handful of others over the years. None have WOW'd me to make change. I kinda wish there was one that's amazing.

Dsgcobra

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Every time i try a different mail app i always go back to the default one. I have even tried to use something separate for work email. but i always end up adding it back to the default mail app.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro