Out of curiosity, how many people use the native Mail app?

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I do. I have not found a 3rd party mail app that's as stable or works as well. I'd like it to do push with gmail, but this is sufficient for now.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've tested numerous 3rd-party mail apps, but I always return to the native Mail app.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I always return to the stock Mail app too. I've used many clients. One thing might entice me to use a 3rd party mail app regularly. A dark theme. One of my favorite clients is CloudMagic. But the low contrast text prevents me from using it. CloudMagic has recently told me a dark theme is coming soon. I might still return to stock. I read it OK. But if Apple makes the text low contrast, I would go with the dark theme.

Scott Kertes

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
Really surprised that no one has mentioned Cloud Magic. I find it to be an excellent email app. I use it for my Exchange and iCloud accounts on both my iPhone and iPad. Much more customizable than Apple Mail app and super fast. And when you register with them it stores all of your email settings, so if you ever have to reset your device or switch phones, all you have to do is download the app, log in and bam, your all set to go.

razzyjones

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
CloudMagic!

i would prefer to always use native and ive found myself reverting back to them time and again.

CloudMagic is clean and works flawlessly for me. CloudMagic just does two things in particular that i desperately need that the native mail app doesn't.

1. CloudMagic (I'm not sure how) offers push notifications for Gmail. I need/like push.

2. CloudMagic allows me to attach files from Dropbox directly from within the app.

The only thing the native app does that CloudMagic does not is allow personalized notification sounds (i like to use the old AOL "you've got mail"). CloudMagic has said they will eventually offer that.

koltonh2002

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I ise it for my @icloud and the Gmail app for gmail. I use the app designated to the email address (if I had yahoo mail I would us the yahoo app, etc.)

bettersafe

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Sometimes I need to reply attaching a doc (let's say a PDF), so stock Mail app doesn't fit my needs. Unbelievable: Mail can't do it!
So I switched to Outlook and now I can. Plus I get push notifications on my Zoho and Gmail accounts too.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2